✰CHAPTER NINE✰

After several more, boring paperwork days, you finally received a day off.

You took this opportunity and slept as late as you could, that being 1 in the afternoon.

You were planning to sleep later, but someone was blowing up your phone.

"Hello?" You asked, in your very tired voice.

A short pause was followed by a familiar voice saying "Did you just wake up?"

You smiled at her voice and said "Possibly."

"Come on, Y/N! You know we were planning to hang out today!"

You began to get out of bed and pick out your clothes for the day while replying "We never set a specific time, besides you know how much I appreciate sleep, Penelope."

She giggled on the other end and said "Fine... But you better start getting ready because you know we're gonna meet at that little café we went to the other day!"

"But of course, Ma chérie. I'll meet you there soon."

You hung up and changed into a black sweater with two white strips on the sleeve, jeans, and white sneakers.

You decided you could just get a coffee at the café, so after doing light makeup and placing your hair into a French braid, you got onto a bus, not wanting to waste gas, and you went to the café Penelope and you had planned to meet at.

You walked inside and you instantly saw Penelope smiling at you.

You, of course, returned the smile and walked over.

"I got you a cup of coffee because I knew you'd be sleepy."

After taking a quick sip, your eyes rolled back and you said "Oh my God, Penelope, you're a godsent!"

She giggled and the two of you began talking as you sipped on your coffee.

"Okay, but how do you guys get away with all the trouble you make?"

You smiled as you said "Well, contrary to popular belief, Hotch actually likes us."

She laughed and replied "Yeah, but one of you should've definitely been fired by now! My money was on Emily. "

"No, Morgan is gonna be the first to go if Hotch starts to buckle down. No doubt in my mind."

She gave you a slight glare "Don't joke about my chocolate thunder ever being fired! Anyways, Hotch knows that he's good at his job, even if he can be a little out of pocket at times."

You rolled your eyes "Lower your defenses, Garcia. None of us are gonna be fired any time soon... I hope."

Before Penelope could say anything else, the little bell on the door rang and you both turned to see who it was.

Both of your jaws practically dropped as your boss walked in with his son.

Those pesky butterflies return with you having no idea why.

He didn't see either of you and walked past your table and ordered food for Jack and himself.

You softly smiled to yourself as you heard him mention to the cashier that his 'nice coworker had gotten him food from here and he knew he had to come back'

Jack was sitting at a table with his father, talking about how much fun he had at his friends house and you figured that Hotch had just picked him up from a sleepover.

"Is that Aunt Penelope and Y/N?" Jack questioned to his father, pointing over to the two of you, who had returned to your previous conversation.

You both turned to look at Hotch and he had a light smile on his face when he saw the two of you.