Chapter 1

I walk into the store, the hood of my black hoodie resting on my head. I don't look around just walk straight to where I wanna go. It's busy in the store and no one will pay any attention to me. I walk to the medicine I look in the shelves searching for the thing I need. I see the bottle just like the rest orange with a white cap. It's for Val she is sick she coughs the whole time and has a high fever so im getting her antibiotics.

I grab it and slide it into my pocket. I turn around and start to walk. I see a woman paying for her stuff. She slides her wallet into her backpack and walks out of the store. I walk through the doors and the alarm doesn't go off. They are broken. I walk behind the woman and walk a little faster than her. I slide my hand into the backpack which is still open and feel the wallet. My hand slowly makes its  way out of her backpack.

I start slowing down and smile at the wallet in my hand. Then I hear a scream "Hey!" I see a security guard looking at me shit! I turn around and start to run. My ribs are burning but I ignore it. I hear footsteps behind me and run even faster. I run to the stairs and jump down them. I still hear footsteps behind me. man this guy tryna beat Sonic like you really need so many golden rings?

I run through the street still hearing footsteps behind me with heavy breathing meaning he is getting tired. Yas bitch should have worked out with ya wife. I turn around a corner and hear the security guard say "I'm gonna need backup." Oh shit oh shit. I'm starting to get into the shady part of town and know exactly where to go. I don't hear footsteps anymore so I stop running. I walk for maybe five minutes when i hear sirens normally this would mean nothing like just the usual bitches beating other bitches up. But now my heart starts beating faster. If the police are searching for me I am royally fucked.

I start walking faster and hear the sirens get closer. But i am almost there so i don't have to worry. I turn around a corner and see the casino. You might ask what is a  16 year old gonna do in a casino? Well I do the dishes and for some reason the guy who owns the place likes me. I catch a glimpse of blue and red lights before entering through the back door. I walk through the hallway to the kitchen, open the door and see Mustache and no that's not his real name but he has a big ass mustache and a name i can't pronounce. He says "Where the hell have you been you should have been here 30 minutes ago!" I mumble an apology and walk to the big pile of gross glasses and plates waiting to be cleaned. I roll up my sleeves and you can see the bruises and some scars but it doesn't matter no one will look at me anyways.

I finish doing the dishes and say "Mustache, can I get my money?" He nods and hands me 20 dollar. I say "Thx i'm gonna go." I turn around and I'm about to walk away when I hear a deep voice say"Not so fast." I turn around to see Ivan. He is the boss's younger brother. He smiles and says "My brother wants to talk to you." Thats it im dead yall know which quote i want on my grave stone. He smiles  and says "Don't worry you're not going to die." I said it out loud great. He turns around and starts walking. I follow him but almost have to run cause he is so tall.

We enter a room with a lot of  men smoking cigars playing a game of blackjack. A big black chair turns around and there he is Alexei. He is the big bad boss. I walk up to him and he says in his intimidating deep voice "Can you explain why cops just came to me with a picture of you saying they are searching for you?" He holds up a picture on me in the store. Ah crap i should have  looked for cameras. I say "I might have stolen something from a store and then stolen a wallet from a womens backpack." he sighs and I hear some men snicker behind him. He says "I really can't deal with this now, Ivan give her a ride home."

And then he turns around again. I walk back to Ivan and in the hallway he says "Told you you wouldn't die." With a smile on his face. I roll my eyes but  a small smile makes its way to my mouth. We walk through the casino with people in fancy looking clothing are wasting their money on games. Like if you really don't know what to do with your money you can always give it to me. We walk outside to some expensive looking car and get in. Ivan says "So do you still live at the same address?" He is so stupid.