Chapter 20

Downstairs there is a band in the corner playing  music and servers in suits. Luca starts greeting people and introduces me to some very wealthy looking man in smokings. He is also wearing a black smoking. He stands out from everyone else because they are all wearing any other color than black. There are around 15 round tables that all have five seats.

Everyone has an assigned seat and I search for mine. Not watching where I'm going I bump into someone. I look up and it's Mathias. What is he doing here. I ignore him and keep searching for my seat. Geez where is my seat. "Hey what is wrong with you." Mathias says from behind me. "Nothing." I say not even looking at him. Finally I find my seat.

Im at the same table as a man I don't know Enzo, Solana Mathias's sister and Mathias himself. Are you fucking serious. I look over at the table next to us and see Dante is supposed to be sitting there I look up and nobody is looking at me. I switch the names behind my back and still nobody notices. "What are you doing?" Someone asks behind me. I turn around slowly and see a boy with blond hair that shines really nice around my age standing right behind me looking amused.

"Nothing." I say trying to look as innocent as possible. "Wow really convincing." He says sarcastic. "Who is Mathias and why don't you want to sit next to him?" "That's none of your business." He smiles. His smile is slightly lopsided. He's pretty cute. Behind him I can see Mathias in the corner staring us down.

"What's your name?" He asks. "Ivy." I hold out my hand. He shakes it and says "Nice to meet you Ivy I'm Cyrus." He smiles again and I smile back. This should be fun. "I have an idea." Cyrus says. "What if we do this." He grabs a name from the table next us and grabs Dante's name from mine. He swaps them and I see it's his name on the other one. "That's a great idea." I add.

From the corner of my eye i see Mathias moving to us. "Lets sit down shall we?" Cyrus asks. He pulls my chair from the table like a gentleman and I sit down. "Thank you." He smiles again. He sits down and behind me I hear Mathias say "I'm supposed to be sitting there." To Cyrus. Cyrus focuses on me and says "Well not anymore." Mathias places his arm on the table roughly forcing Cyrus to look at him. "I suggest you move back to wherever you came from."

Cyrus stays calm and doesn't seem to be fazed by Mathias's rudeness. "Why don't you back of we don't want to make a scene do we?" Cyrus asks Mathias. Who is now fuming with anger. "Do you even know who I am?" "Oh I do know who you are I just don't care." Cyrus stands up to face Mathias. I think their gonna fight. "Guys let's not do this." I try to intertwine Cyrus smiles and says "Oh there is nothing to worry about he won't even be able to touch me if he tried."

Mathias pushes Cyrus back "Are you sure about that?" Cyrus stumbles but doesn't fall. "What was that a love tap?" Mathias punches Cyrus. And looks satisfied with himself. I have no idea what to do. The fighting has caught the attention of a few people around us but no one is doing anything to stop them. Cyrus swings at Mathias and he stumbles back blood dripping from his lip. Cyrus fights unlike anyone I have ever seen. He is graceful an light while Mathias fights hard.

Mathias wipes Cyrus's feet away from underneath him and kicks his stomach while he's falling to the floor. Now everyone has noticed and Dario is trying to get to us through the packed ballroom. Cyrus tries to get up but Mathias pushes him back down he starts punching him over and over. Cyrus somehow manages to roll over and they knock a table over. The glasses fall on the ground and break.

Now the rolles are revearsed and Cyrus is punching Mathias. Dario finally reaches them and he pulls Cyrus of Mathias. Another man who I think is Luciano helps Mathias up. Mathias want to go at Cyrus again but Luciano holds him tight and says something in a language I don't know. Cyrus straightens his clothes and looks calm as ever. Blood al over his hands and face. I move to him through the circle of people that formed around them.