Chapter 2

Beep
Beep
Beep
Cant the thing shit up I'm trying to sleep.
Beep
Ugh I open my eyes and see a white room. A bag with some liquid and a tube attached to it going to my hand. An IV and it feels like there is something in my throat. I lift up my hand and feel a tube going into my mouth I start to panick why the fuck is there a tube. The beeping goes faster and a door opens.

A nurse gets in my vision and she says "Hey I need you to calm down okay calm down." I dont listen and pull the tube out of my throat it does t hurt just feels weird. The nurse grabs my hands and says "Calm down your going to hurt yourself." I am to tired to fight her and she lets go of my hands. "Where is Valerie?" I ask her she ignores my question and says. "The doctor will come to check up on you in a few minutes." Then she walk away. I don't think she had her 8 hours of sleep last night.

I hear the door open and a man comes in he smiles and says "Hi I'm doctor Mike how are you feeling?" His teeth are brighter then my future. I say in a scrappy voice " I feel fine." He nods and says "I'm gonna tell you what happened. You where in a fire and ran back inside to safe a little girl." Isabelle is she okay? I interrupt him and say "Is she okay?" He nods and says "She had some bad Burns but she will be okay. Well you ran back inside for her and jumped out of a window cause there was no way out. You somehow managed to break three ribs and get a bad concussion. You have been asleep for four days." Four days shit I slept for four whole days.

"Valerie my sister where is she she was still inside!" He looks at me confused for a second and says. "There was no one else in the house your stepdad said there was no one else in the house." "What that's not true Val was still in ther! Please tell me she's okay!" He swallows and tells me he will talk to some people. I nod and he leaves me alone i see a watterbottle standing on the night stand and grab it. I sit up and with trembling hands i open the bottle. I gulp half of it down in a few seconds.

My throat feels less dry now. I hear the door open and see Mary my social worker walk in. Her hair in a tight ponytail as always and her brown soft eyes are still soft. She sits down next to me and says "Hello Ivy long time no seen im gonna get straight to the point your stepdad had a lot of illegal drugs in his car and on him when they fire started. He will never be allowed to foster ever again and won't be taking care of you any more. So you are going to be living with your 8 brothers and the oldest one Luca will be your legal guardian. He lives on the other side of the city so it's not very far."

"I don't have any brothers." I say. This is bullshit the only family I had were mom and Val and they are both gone. "Yes you do you just don't remember them." "But my mom never told me about any brothers and she definitely would have told me if I had 8 of them." "I'm sorry sweetie but you do have brothers and you are going to live with them."

This is crazy I have 8 brothers my mom never told me about. I don't remember any of them. I was 5 when mom took me away from my father. She told me they started fighting and that he wasn't on the right path.

I say "Can i call someone?" She nods and says "Im gonna make a call outside." She hands me her phone and takes another phone from her pocket walks out off the room. Why the hell does she have two phones. I diall in Ivans number wich he forced me to learn from my head for some reason. I press call and after 5 seconds i hear Ivans voice "Hello who is this?" He sounds confident not like the goofy Ivan i know i say "Uhm hi its Ivy." He says "Who ever this is its not funny." "Ivan ik not joking." "I said it's not fucking funny!" I'm shocked at his reaction this not at all I know him. "I promise I'm not joking pinky promise!" It's quiet on the other side. "I'm so sorry Ivy I just really didn't expect you to call, where are you?" "Uhm I'm in the hospital something happened." "What your in the hospital what one?" "It's no big deal really I'm going to live with my brother now." "Your going to what?!" "Ivy give me the name of the hospital I swear we will be there in five minutes." "Uhm okay I guess I'm at Saint Mary." "Thanks Ivy don't go anywhere until we are there okay." "No I won't bye." I hang up and sigh I am so done with them.

After maybe five minutes the door bursts open and i see Ivan, Dimitri and Alexei wow i got the whole club together good job. Ivans eyes widen when he sees me Alexei and Dimitri's jaws clench and Dimitri's hands become fists. Ivan sits down next to me and says " Are you okay?" I nod and he says "Why the fuck did you needed to be the hero?" I shrug and say "Would you just let a 7 year old die?" He says "No but you still didnt need to safe her like why couldnt the older guy what was his name Mike safe her?"  I shrug he sounds so stupid. Alexei lets out a big sigh and says "Where is you little sister?" I look down i dont wanna talk about her. I say "Gone."

"What do you mean gone?" Dimitri asks.  really liked Valerie i took her to work with me sometimes and she would stay with Dimitri. I look up at him and say "I couldn't get to her." I say my voice cracking. They al seem shocked. Ivan is the first to say something. "Ivy I am so sorry." My Tears are falling on the hospital bed. Ivan hugs me and I sob into him.

Valerie is dead my sister is dead. Dimitri stands up and walks out the door slamming it so hard i flinch at the sound. Ivan is still hugging me and Alexei still hasn't said anything at all. Ivan Lets me go and I try to stop crying but can't. "She's dead Ivan. And I could have saved her." "No no don't say that it want your fault. None of this is your fault!" I feel so bad. Val is dead. I can't believe it but I do.

I lay down and Ivan grabs my hand. He is being very gentle with me. "It's okay." He says and he lets me cry. I love him he lets me cry he lets me have emotions. Most people would tell me to stop crying but he doesn't he loves me like a brother. I slowly stop crying.

The door opens and the doctor walks in he says "Visiting hour is over if you are not family you have to leave." He checks one of the machines and taps on the bag with the liquid. Ivan and Alexei are not moving and watching the doctor says "Well are you going or not?" Alexei stands up and whispers something in his ear the doctors eyes widen and he nods. Then he just walks away i frown what did Alexei whisper to him. Alexei says "We can stay how long we want." Then he sits down on the other side of me.

I lay down and close my eyes within 5 minutes i am fast asleep.