Back In Time

~Akane Residence~

Ding! Dong!

The doorbell rang. Aoi immediately finished off her food, stood up and opened the door to Yashiro. "Hi Nene-chan!" She greeted and welcomed her best friend into their home.

"Aoi! Im so excited!" Yashiro said happily as they walked over to Aoi's bedroom to play video games.

~Time Skip 1 hour~

Yashiro dropped the controller and has given up. She had only won 2 out of 5 games with her friend. Who knew she was such a good gamer?

She lifted her head up and noticed a familiar hat in top of Aoi's closet and asked her about it.
"Oh that! That's one of the objects that was left here by the previous family."

"I think their family name was, Yugi?" Aoi's mom walked in carrying snacks for both of them. Yashiro thanked her mom and asked more about it.

"If I recall correctly, the hat is part of the old formal uniform of your school." she replied.
"Wow, Nene-chan what made you ask about it?" Aoi asked her while eating one of the cookies her mother has brought in.

Yashiro stayed silent for a moment. "I-it's nothing. But can I know more please?"
Aoi and her mother looked at each other, smiled, and both said- "Sure!"

They then led Yashiro to the basement as her mother started taking out some boxes while Aoi holds on to her shoulders. Her mother opens the box with a bunch of pictures and some old toys. But the one that caught Yashiro's attention was the red ropes in the corner of the box.

Aoi's mom proceeded to take out the photo showing her the whole family.
"The father's name was Misaki I think, and the mother is Inasa" (I got the name idea from a friend dont come at me shshshhs)

"And the twins' names are-"

"Amane Yugi and Tsukasa Yugi." Yashiro hurriedly caught up to her words.
"Wow Nene-chan how did you know?" she startled and panicked.
"Uh.. Just a guess-?"

"Well, you're a good guesser" her mother flashed a smile at her.
"Hm.. Can I have the box Mrs.Akane?" she asked her.

"Sure, but for what reason?"
"I just want to know more about them.." Yashiro muttered.

"Aoi, get the book please" Aoi nodded and walked grabbed a book from one of the shelves and added it inside the box.

"Here, take it. The book has everything about the Yugi family history." Yashiro smiled back at her mom and thanked her taking the box as she walked out.

~Two days later~

~Girls' Bathroom~

Yashiro ran inside with the book and grabbed Hanako's shirt as she fell down panting and lifted the book up to him.
Hanako looks at her, then his gaze turns to the book in her hands and grabs it.

She could see him smiling a bit.
"W-where did you get this..?" Hanako asked and read the book. "Aoi's mom.."

Hanako then opened a page with him and his brother's photo and started tearing up a bit.
"Yashiro, look at this.." she gets up and looks in the book not surprised as she had already read that part yesterday.

Let's just say it looked like this:

Yashiro looked at Hanako's face turning from a smile to a terrified frown

Yashiro looked at Hanako's face turning from a smile to a terrified frown. He then starts sobbing and drops the book.

"We were so happy back then... Why did it change..." he whimpered as he clinged on to Yashiro with her confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*screeching* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE