Pregnant~Elorcan

Prompt: Elide is pregnant and Lorcan finds out

This was requested by aelinwhitethrn I hope you like it! 

Elide

I was in the middle of cooking breakfast when I felt as though I was going to get sick. I dropped my fork, splattering eggs everywhere before running to the bathroom. I got there just in time as I leaned over the toilet. I had finished throwing up but I still felt very queasy. "Lorcan," I croaked. I didn't think he heard me but a few seconds later he was at my side. "Elide," he took my head in his face trying to see what's wrong. "Are you okay?" I gave him a small nod before turning back to the toilet, getting sick again. Lorcan held my hair away from my face and rubbed my back. Once I was done, again, Lorcan went to go find Yrene. She had her baby last year and recently she started to help me heal my ankle. I took deep breaths trying to calm down my stomach.

Lorcan

I practically ran to Chaol and Yrene's room. Chaol answered after I knocked. "Lorcan. What's wrong? Get somebody kidnapped again?" I didn't say anything about his snarky comment even though I really wanted to punch him. "Is Yrene here? Elides sick and we need her help?"

He turned around and called out to Yrene. She came to the door carrying their baby. His name was Tomas and he was around a year old. I told Yrene about Elide being sick and she handed Tomas to Chaol before heading to my room.

I let Yrene in and she told me that she wanted to talk to Elide alone. I let them be and went to go find Rowan and Fenrys. They were both in the training room when I found them. They didn't stop fighting so I just paced by the door. "What's wrong?" Rowan had one the fight and both were walking towards me. "Elide got sick this morning." Fenrys clapped slowly, "If she's sick then why are you here."

I glared at him, sometimes I really can't stand Fenrys. "Yrene kicked me out. I..I think Elide's pregnant. She scent was different today and she was throwing up all morning." Rowan clapped me on the shoulder, "Congratulations!"

I should be happy, I was going to be a father. "What if Elide doesn't want to carry my child?" Rowan and Fenrys stopped talking and looked at me like I grew another head. "What are you talking about?" I sat down on one of the benches against the wall. I placed my head in my hands before speaking again. "What if she doesn't want to have my child? What if she doesn't even want children? What if I'm not a good father? What if..." Rowan cut me off. "She married you Lorcan, she wants you. I know you're scared that you're not going to be a good father. But I know you will never do what your parents did to you. The rest you are going to have to talk to Elide about but it will all be okay."

I stood up and thanked Rowan. I walked to Elide and my quarters trying to think about what I would say. Elide was lying in bed covered in blankets. She was super pale and seeing her like this stopped me in my tracks. She cracked open her eyes. "Lorcan?" That got me moving again. I walked to the other side of the bed and moved till I was lying down next to her. "How are you feeling?"

"Sick." I chuckled. "I have something to tell you." She was awake now, staring at my face. "You're not just sick, Elide you're pregnant." Tears started to stream down her face and I felt as though my heart was breaking. She didn't want this, did ask to have a bastards son. I wiped away her tears. "I'm so sorry Elide..." "What for?"

I twisted my hands in my lap. I wasn't a nervous person but with Elide it was difficult, she was my entire world. "I'm sorry I got you pregnant. I'm sorry you didn't ask for this. I'm sorry you have to carry around a bastards son." I didn't get to my next apology before Elides lips were on mine. "I'm not crying because I'm pregnant, well I am but I'm crying because I can't believe I'm pregnant. I want this Lorcan. I want to spend the rest of my life by your side, I want to have your children. I just want to be with you. Yes, it's a bit of a shock that I'm pregnant but I'm so happy. I'm so happy that I get to raise my child with you. You're going to be a great father just like you're a great husband."

I gathered Elide up in my arms and held her against my chest. She buried her head in my neck and her tears soaked my shirt. I ran my fingers through her hair and kissed her temple. Just then it set it, "I'm going to be a father." Elide pulled back to look up at me. She laid her hand on my check. "Yes you are and you are going to be the best father ever."

"I never had a father, how do I know if I'm doing it right?" She pulled my head down till I was looking right at her. "I don't know but we'll figure it out, together." I brushed my lips against her, "Together." 

If you have any requests or prompts just comment or Pm me! The next chapter of A court of shadows and starlight should be out tomorrow!