nine

November 3
A couple days went by and Emily had just woken up. JJ was cuddled up to her and within seconds Melody came running in with tears streaming down her cheeks. Emily put her arms out and Melody quickly climbed on her mother, sobbing into her chest.
"Shhh, it's okay love, you're safe" Emily said softly as JJ woke up as well.
"Oh Mel" JJ sighed and reached her arm over to rub the little girls back.
"Mommy hold me" she whined sadly.
"I am love, I am. Shhh" Emily said and exchanged a look with JJ.
"Melody, what happened?" JJ asked worriedly, it was obvious she had a nightmare but she was extremely hysterical, something that hasn't happened in a while.
"Mel baby, what happened in your nightmare?"
"H-He killed you, both of you and made me watch, he said that no one wanted me s-" She couldn't finish the sentence all she did was cry into Emily.
"Who love?" Emily asked
"Jason" she cried and clutched Emily for dear life. This was a new nightmare, a nightmare about her father which meant more separation anxiety. It never really stopped but it was easier for Melody to go to school and be away from her moms when she was on a case. Henry kind of understood, he missed his moms all the time so he would just help Melody calm down sometimes if she was having an anxiety attack from being away from them, they occurred a lot more than they should and Henry knew something was wrong but didn't tell anyone.
"Melody we aren't going anywhere, Mama and I are never leaving you, we love you too much" Emily smiled but the child didn't calm down any less.
"P-P-Promise?" The little girl trembled.
"I promise" Emily smiled
"I promise too" JJ added. Due to Melody's separation anxiety Emily and JJ had gotten her a private tutor for their children and once they were done they would drive the kids to the BAU while Micheal was in daycare. Today the couple decided that they would stay home from work and just spend the day with the kids. Melody eventually cried herself to sleep on Emily's chest and stayed there for another hour as her moms talked.
"Emily w-"
"Mommy" Melody stirred before waking up and looking up to her moms with red eyes.
"Shhh, you're okay" JJ said and rubbed the girls cheek before lightly kissing her head and leaving the room to go get Micheal and Henry up.
"Mommy don't ever let me go" Melody cried once more. Emily tried to calm her down as much as possible but in the end it was no use. She eventually switched with JJ which didn't help at all, it wasn't until Elle took her mother's place that the little girl was actually able to calm down and get some rest. Her mother's didn't know how she did it, Hell Elle didn't even know how she did it but all that mattered was that Melody was finally calm.
"Em, I think we should put her in therapy, I know we didn't want to but I think she needs to talk to someone other than us. She wants to be like Elle, she looks up to her and you know who Elle is like... you a carbon copy of you, or she was but I've rubbed off on her too" JJ let out a small laugh.
"I know, that's what I'm worried about" the brunette sighed and looked away from her wife over to her two daughters on the couch and her sons who were playing on the floor.
"Henry can you go take your brother to brush his teeth and when you come back down we'll start breakfast" JJ smiled and she watched her sons walk up the stairs hand in hand. Just as that happened Melody began to wake up with another nightmare and before she knew it she was in JJ's arms as Emily called Garcia.
"Hey Mama bear what's up?" The techy blonde asked over the phone.
"Can you find me a list of the best child psychologists in the city?" Emily asked
"Of course, what's going on?"
"It's Mel, she isn't doing so great, new nightmares and more separation anxiety today it took me, JJ and Elle to calm her down" Emily explained with a small sigh.
"I'm sorry Em, I'll get right on it" Penelope replied.
"Oh and update me on the newest case. JJ and I aren't coming in today" Emily said.
"Sure thing! Bye Em, send my love to the mini prentiss'" The call ended and Emily laughed to herself.