four

"Hi Melody, I'm Eliana but you can call me Elle" The young brunette explained and it reminded JJ much of herself.
"Nice to meet you" Melody replied, for her age she was extremely proper and very polite. Elle walked over to JJ, who hugged her as Emily introduced Henry and Melody.
"Mel, this is our son Henry, he's nine" Emily explained
"Hi!" Henry added
"Hi" Melody mumbled
"Do you want to come see my room, we can play a game if you want?" Henry asked and Melody lightly nodded before the two ran upstairs.
"Hey love!" Emily exclaimed as she hugged Elle.
"Hi mom" Elle sighed and her moms immediately knew something was wrong.
"Elle what's wrong?" JJ asked and they led her to the couch.
"I'm fine really moms I'm fine I've just been a little tired lately" Elle replied.
"How long has this been going on?" Emily asked.
"Just a couple weeks but don't worry I'm fine okay?" Elle asked with annoyance.
"Elle we are your moms and we will always worry about you, just please go see a doctor or something" JJ asked.
"Fine"
Several months passed and Melody was getting very used to the thought of Emily and JJ as her moms and even let it slip by accident once or twice. Elle had had a large amount of doctors appointments since the conversation with her moms and they weren't turning out good.
"Derek, I need help," Elle said over the speaker of her car while on a call with Derek.
"What's goin on Princess?" He asked
"Ca-Can I come over?"
"Of course yeah" Derek replied and the call ended and Elle soon pulled up to Derek's house. They hugged and went onto his deck.
"What's up?" Derek asked and Elle pulled out a bunch of letters.
"Elle, you're scaring me" Derek stated.
"Derek I've been to countless doctors visits and I can't anymore, I've been pricked and poked and I'm so tired, I just want to stop" Elle explained
"What are you talking about? Is everything okay?"
"I-I got some test results back and I have stage four breast cancer, there is only about a twenty percent survival rate and I don't know if I can fight this" Elle sighed and handed Derek the letters.
"No-No-No-No, you are not giving me goodbye letters because you are strong Elle, one of the strongest people I know, and you are going to fight" Derek explained and Elle's eyes started to water.g
"You-You don't know what it's like to have nothing but a little bit of fog separating you and the finishing line, Derek I don't want to suffer" Elle stated.
"I'm not asking you to suffer, I'm asking you to fight for your family, come on you have a whole life to live, you will be that twenty percent" Derek replied after holding Elle's hand.
About a week went by of contemplating telling her moms or not about the cancer. Elle didn't want to bother her moms. They were busy with three kids and this was going to break Emily. She was on a run with Derek when everything went south.
"Y-you go, I'll catch up" Elle said, obviously out of breath which was very in like her.
"Elle we're only on the first mile, are you alright?" Derek asked
"I-I'm f-" Elle fainted into Derek's arms and 911 quickly came.
"M-mommy?" Elle asked weakly.
"It's Brayden baby, I came back from the camping trip early, can you sit up?" Her husband asked as Elle opened her eyes.
"I-can you get my moms?"
"Yeah, I'll be right back" Brayden said then left Elle with a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room.
"Hey love" Emily said after lightly knocking on the door.
"Mommy" Elle exclaimed trying to regain her strength.
"Hey I'm here, we're here baby" Emily said as she gently pushed the hair out of Elle's face.
"I'm here and moms here, we are not going anywhere okay?" Emily asked
"Moms, I-I have stage four breast cancer" Elle replied sadly as JJ took her hand.
"We know" Emily and JJ said in unison.