eleven

February 17
   It was a few months later Elle took back her application for the academy. She didn't want to be an agent she just wanted time with her moms, it might seem childish but with everything she had been through it was understandable.
    Elle decided to pursue what she had always loved, soccer. Although she only had a year of college left she decided to try out for the team and she quickly became one of the star players. Her new plan was to finish college with a teaching degree and start teaching while also being a soccer coach.
    Melody was barely increasing with any recovery from the separation anxiety, she went into one visit with her father and wouldn't let go of Emily. Her nightmares decreased but nothing else did. Even though the kids saw their moms more now that they had a tutor, Henry found himself in Elle's position, missing them more and having a bigger need to spend time with them. Now that two of their kids were showing that the couple had the idea of one of them retiring from the FBI.
    It was early in the Prentiss household, early enough that Emily was awake but no one else, she and JJ had talked about taking the kids to Disney and having a vacation full of family time so that's exactly what she was looking into when there were small footsteps coming from the stairs.
"M-Mom?" It was Henry, he came over and sat right beside Emily after she closed her laptop.
"What are you doing up so early?" His mom asked as the boy made himself comfortable on her lap. Biology didn't matter, Henry would always be Emily's baby boy.
"I wanted to lay with you, I didn't sleep good" Henry rested his head on Emily's shoulder.
"Why didn't you wake us bud?"
"I didn't want to bother you or mama you guys just came back from a case" Henry admitted.
"Henry, you never bother us, you and your siblings never bother us love" Emily rubbed his back before the little boy quickly fell back to sleep
"Hey, what's going on down here?" JJ asked softly, sitting beside Emily on the couch.
"Remember when it was just us three?" Emily asked
"Yeah, now look, we're grandmothers and we still look like we're in our thirties" JJ laughed
"Jennifer, we are" Emily smiled.
"So what's this little guy doing up so early?" The blonde asked, stroking her son's hair.
"He didn't sleep well" Emily sighed
"Fun" JJ replied.
"Hey so I was looking at Disney and I was thinking that we could go in a few weeks like March fifteenth to the twenty-fifth?" Emily asked
"Sounds good, it will be nice to get away for a while with the kids. I mean I love our life here, but getting away, and getting a tan, that will be nice" JJ smiled
"Yeah-" Emily's phone started ringing.
"Oh please don't tell me that's a case, we just got back last night, we haven't even seen Micheal or Brady yet" JJ begged, gently picking up Henry so that Emily could get up.
"This is Prentiss... I'm on my way" Emily stated before the call ended and she rushed to the door.
"Em?"
"Something is going on at the BAU, I'll be back" Emily said as she opened the door and left.
   The brunette rushed into the BAU and into the bullpen where she found a familiar little boy sitting at JJ's desk with an agent.
"Jack?" Emily asked
"Emmy, dad's missing" The nine year old said before Emily brought him into his office.
"Jack, where's Beth sweetheart?" Emily asked after the agent dropped off Hotch's file and left.
"Beth went looking for dad and never came back" it was then that Emily opened the file to see that her body was found. Dead. She took a deep breath.
"Okay Jack, how did you get here? Weren't you in Italy?" Emily asked
"Dad said we had to come back to talk to you, but he went missing before we could so I called Uncle Dave and he had Anderson pick me up" Jack explained and as if on cue Rossi came running through Emily's door.
"Hi uncle Dave" Jack smiled before Rossi sat beside him. Emily shared a look with the old man and they had no idea what they were going to do.
"Hey bud, how would you like to hang out with Henry"
"Yes please" the boy said
"Okay but first, can you tell me one more thing?" Emily responded
"Mhmm"
"What day did dad go missing?"
"January thirtieth, I think" the little boy responded.
January 30 - Palermo, Italy
"Beth, come see my fort!" Jack yelled from the living room and the woman quickly came in.
"That's awesome honey" she smiled before looking down and receiving a text from her husband.
'I'm leaving' It read, she immediately knew it wasn't him and called the babysitter so she could at least try to find Aaron. He was the love of her life.
Present Day
Emily glanced at Rossi.
"Call the team" Emily stated before Rossi left and Emily texted JJ to come with the kids. Within minutes everyone arrived at the BAU and JJ brought Henry, Micheal and Melody up to her wife's office.
"Emily what's go- Hey Jack" JJ cut herself off.
"Jack!" Henry exclaimed, going over to him with a bag of things he brought.
"Mommy" Micheal babbled, reaching for Emily who then took him from JJ's arms.
"Hey buddy, hey Mel" the brunette smiled but the little girl just made her way to Emily's desk chair where she sat and didn't speak.
"Yeah she's a little unhappy with you right now, it wasn't a good morning"
JJ admitted.
"Oh okay then" Emily glanced at her daughter then at the door where she saw Rossi.
"Everyone's here" He nodded before taking Micheal and leaving the office with Emily and JJ.
"What's going on Emily?" Derek asked.
"Twenty four days ago in Palermo, Italy, Elizabeth Clemmons-Hotchner's body was found. Two days before that Aaron Hotchner went missing." The brunette sighed.

(I'm back-jd)