ten

November 5
It was two days later and Melody had stayed in her parents bed each night. Today was the day of her first therapist appointment. After Garcia sent the list to Emily, the couple found the best therapist in their area and met with her the day after and they had an appointment set for the next day. Today. Emily was up and getting breakfast started of course not without Melody wrapped around her body.
"Mommy, when do we have to leave?" Melody asked
"We my love are going to leave in about an hour but Elle is watching the boys and Mama and I will be with you the entire time" Emily explained as her daughter started drawing circles into her mother's shoulder.
"I love you" Melody said and placed her head in the crook of Emily's neck.
"I love you too baby," Emily replied softly and kissed her daughter's head before the two softly fell asleep.
"Em, we've got to go, come on" JJ said, softly waking her wife up.
"Come on Em, come on Mel" JJ said and she picked up her daughter. Within fifteen minutes they were in a building meeting the new therapist. Dr. Kristine Richards.
"Hi, I'm Emily, this is my wife Jennifer and our daughter Melody. We made an appointment yesterday" Emily explained as she shook the hand of her daughter's new therapist.
"Nice to meet you both" Dr. Richards crouched down to the couples daughter.
"Hey Melody, do you mind if I talk to your mommies for a couple minutes?" She asked and the little girl quickly hid between Emily's leg and shoved her head into her mother's side.
"Mel, baby it's only a couple minutes and then you are going to hang out with Dr. Richards for a little bit but mom and I will be right out here" JJ crouched down and held one of her daughters hands.
"You're going to be right out here?" The little girl asked. "Yeah we are going to be right out here the whole time" Emily smiled before the child began to reveal herself.
"Melody if you want to go wait in my room, I'll be in soon" The therapist pointed to the door and Emily brought the little girl in before walking back out to the other adults. Emily and JJ discussed everything with Dr. Richards and in no time Melody's season was done too.
"Emily, Jennifer, can I have a moment in my office?" Dr. Richards asked after Melody came out.
"We'll be right back, Mel" JJ smiled and kissed her daughter's head before walking into the office with Emily. The therapist gestured for them to sit down.
"After a long talk with Mel it's obvious that she has serious separation anxiety. I believe that there are a number of steps we need to take... First and foremost I'd like to see her twice a week, you can schedule appointments with Mary, the receptionist before you leave. I think you and your family should have a family day once every ten days, I think it would benefit Melody as well as the rest of your children. I also think that you should set up a visit with her father, I believe that Melody's life is so different from the past life she had with her father that she needs closure." Dr. Richards explained. With a little more conversation the couple left the office and was quickly greeted by Melody jumping into JJ's arms.
"Can we go home now?" The little girl asked with hopeful eyes.
"Of course sweetheart" The blonde smiled.
    Once arrived home Melody ran upstairs to hang out with Henry as Elle came down with Brady in her arms. She looked nervous and Emily immediately noticed.
"Elle, love what's wrong?" Emily asked, both her and JJ's attention was drawn to their daughter.
"Elle?"
"Can you guys sit? There's something I need to talk to you about" Elle started, sitting on the couch with her moms.
"What's going on, is-is the cancer back?" Emily asked, obvious signs of worry coursing through her voice.
"No-nothing like that" Elle stated
"Then what is it?" The blonde asked before she took Emily's hand in hers.
"I have always wanted to be like you mom, and now having met mama I want to be like both of you. Badass, kind, caring, I want to be all of it, and I want to be in the FBI and save lives. I applied to the academy" Elle explained, leaving both of her mother's shocked.
"Eliana, you aren't serious" Emily started. She only called her daughter "Eliana" when she was mad.
"I am mom, I want to do what you do" Elle replied
"Em, hear her out" JJ stated, giving a small squeeze to her wife's hand.
"No, you are not putting your life on the line, Brady is not growing up without a mother, no" Emily demanded before getting up and walking away.
"Mama, why is she so mad?" Elle asked once her mother was out of sight.
"Elle, she never talked about it that much but I know how much she loves you, and I also know that she was so upset that she missed the first ten years of your life. She doesn't want Brady to grow up like you did. And she has worked her entire life to ensure that you never witness any of the awful things we see everyday." JJ stroked Elle's hair before leaving a kiss on her forehead.
"And she's extremely stressed with work, and Melody, it's all piling up right now for her, but you know her, if there was a contest in compartmentalizations she would win. I'll try and talk to her, but I need you to think for a minute, Mom and I haven't been paying much attention to you lately, we know you're an adult and we think you can handle more, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't spend time with you. So, are you doing this to spend time with us or because you really want to?" JJ asked before she got up.
"Mama-"
"I'm gonna go talk to her" JJ stated

(There is most likely going to be a pause on this story for a bit)