two

"Hey Henry, mama and I have some things we want to talk to you about" Emily announced as she sat on the little boy's bed next to JJ.
"Am I in trouble?" He asked nervously.
"Is there something you should be in trouble for?" JJ asked and Henry shook his head 'no'.
"do you remember how Mama and I took in Michael, from the foster system?" Emily asked.
"Uh-huh" Henry said.
"Well bud, there is this little girl who could really use our help, our love, and our care, she is five and we want to share our home with her. How would you feel about that?" JJ asked as Emily began rubbing the little boys back.
"Like get another sister?" Henry asked happily
"Yeah something like that, but while Mama and I get her settled in you and Micheal are going to have to spend some Extra time with Elle" Emily responded.
"Okay!" Henry exclaimed with extreme excitement then jumped off of his bed and ran out.
"Well that was easier than I thought" JJ smiled and intertwined her fingers with the brunettes.
"Are we really doing this?" Emily asked with a bit of happiness.
"Yeah, we are" JJ smiled and kissed Emily.
"Moms!" Elle yelled from downstairs.
"Coming love" Emily yelled back and she and JJ made their way down.
"Hello foxy ladies." Elle smiled as she hugged her mom.
"Thank you for taking the boys," JJ smiled.
"Of course, I love my brothers" Elle exclaimed and began tickling Henry.
"Ahh, Ellie stop!" Henry laughed.
A small few minutes of reconnecting and happiness passed and Elle was off with Micheal and Henry. Emily and JJ began cleaning up and fixing up Elle's old bedroom. They called Derek and Garcia over, leading to the old teen bedroom to look like a simple little girl's bedroom in a matter of hours. The two other agents left and within minutes there was a knock at the front door.
"Em!" JJ yelled from downstairs and the brunette quickly ran down.
"It's time," she added before opening the door to see Georgia and the five year old Melody.
"Hey you two!" Georgia exclaimed. After getting Micheal the couple and Georgia grew to be very good friends while she visited and spent extra time with them before the small child's adoption.
"Hey Georgia it's so good to see you, come on in!" Emily smiled and JJ led everyone into the living room, she and Emily sat on the couch across from Georgia and Melody who were both in the side chairs.
"Hey Melody, I'm Jennifer but you might remember me as JJ or Agent Jareau. You can call me JJ." JJ smiled after some conversation between herself, Emily and Georgia. Melody shrugged and pushed herself back in her seat as if trying to get farther away from the blonde who was already across the coffee table.
"Melody, do you remember me, Agent Prentiss? We met a while ago." Emily asked and Melody nodded distantly. Emily squatted down so that Melody was looking at her.
"Hey can you listen to me for a sec... Agent Jareau, JJ and I want to take you into our family, we want you and we want to love you and care for you if you'll let us?" Emily explained and she could see Melody's eyes, they were filled with hurt and pain. Her whole life she has been abused and unwanted, unloved, and she was only five.
"No one wants me!" She exclaimed then got up and ran out of the house. Emily and Georgia shared a sigh before Emily got up and ran out of the house running after the little girl. She found Melody sitting on the sidewalk in tears, her tights were ripped and her knees were bloody.
"Melody, I want you and JJ wants you-" Emily began to explain but the five year old cut her off.
"You didn't want me before s-" As Melody began to explain, Emily immediately remembered the conversation they shared months ago.
April 15
Emily was sitting on the couch in the conference room of the field office with Melody clinging on to her and drawing circles into her shoulder. She was recovering from another panic attack, it pained Emily to see her so hurt at such a young age. JJ could see the bond and connection between both of them especially the fact that Melody would only talk to Emily.
"Agent Emily?" The little girl asked as she pulled back and looked up at the brunette.
"Yeah sweetie?" Emily asked as she too looked at Melody.
"Can I go with you?" Melody asked
"I'm sorry I can't take you" She replied and saw Melody's heart break right before her eyes.
Present Day
"I never said I didn't want you Melody, I said I couldn't take you, but now I can and I want more than anything to take you" Emily explained as she lifted the young girl off the ground. Melody flinched and pulled away but Emily kept her hands gently placed on her shoulder's.
"Don't touch me! You don't want me!" Melody yelled.
"I do want you, and we want you," Emily exclaimed and crouched down to look Melody in the eyes.
"We want you," Emily stated and the little girl broke down into tears before Emily pulled her close and picked her up. Melody was now crying into Emily's chest and clinging to her like she did some months ago.
"Will you stay?" Emily asked and the still sobbing little girl nodded into her chest.
The brunette brought Melody inside and once Georgia knew everything was all set she made her way out, leaving the little girl with her foster parents.
"Hey Melody, do you want to see your room?" JJ asked. The couple knew very well that she has never had a room of her own, a place where she can be her.
"I-I have a room?" Melody asked as Emily wiped her tears.
"Yeah, you do" Emily smiled after sharing a glance of happiness with JJ.