six

June 9
"No! No! You can't leave right now, you can't" Elle yelled over the man's body in the silent hospital room once illuminated with the sound of a single beep.
"Elle sweetheart, come one, we've got to get you out of here" JJ said as she wrapped her arms around her daughter.
"Mama I can't do this" Elle cried into her mother's arms.
"I know baby, I know" JJ calmed her then Emily ran into the hospital room after coming from the conference in New York.
"Mom!" Elle exclaimed sadly and Emily hugged her before they dropped to the ground.
"I'm here love, I'm here" Emily tried to calm her but nothing could stop the pain of losing the one you love and JJ knew exactly how she felt especially when Emily went to Paris, but whenever Emily would risk her life in the field JJ came close to that feeling again.
Eleven Hours Earlier
"No Brayden, stay with me baby, I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere okay, Now you have to stay with me, because I love you and you love me" Elle explained after the car stopped moving. They had gotten into an accident, Elle had a few scratches but Brayden had a tree branch going through his abdomen.
"Elle, I love you" he trembled in pain as Elle held his face.
"Brayden don't you dare leave me, don't you dare" Elle demanded with tears streaming down her cheeks.
"I'll wait for you" He whispered, sirens came from silence and with that Brayden shut his eyes.
"No!" Elle yelled.
Brayden spent the day in surgery but afterwards there was no brain function and everyone knew what that meant.
"Time of death nineteen-fifty two." A nurse stated and Elle stood up with anger in her eyes.
"No, no!" Elle began to yell but JJ held her back.
"Shhh it's okay, it will be okay" JJ said.
August 17
"Garcia, can you come watch the kids, Elle needs JJ and I right now" Emily asked after the conversation with the blonde agent.
"I'll be over in five" Garcia responded and Emily and JJ began to gather their things as Melody came into the room sobbing.
"Mel, what's wrong?" JJ asked crouching down and picking up the little girl.
"Why do you always leave me" Melody asked sadly and Emily came over then they seated themselves on the bed.
"Melody, Elle has been really hurting lately, and she needs her moms" Emily began to explain.
"I need you too" she cried and Emily and JJ shared the same look.
"Emily, go, I've got the kids" JJ stated after Melody buried her head into her chest. The brunette hesitated but got up and left. Within minutes she was at Elle's apartment where she found her daughter laying on the couch with swollen puffy eyes. It was the first night that Elle was staying at the apartment she once shared with Brayden.
"Mommy" Elle sighed then Emily climbed on the couch and stroked the girls hair.
"Shhhh, it's okay, I've got you love" Emily whispered.
"I can't do this" Elle stated.
"Come home with me, you aren't a burden and never will be, now come on let's go" Emily gathered Elle's necessities before bringing her back to their house. Emily put her back in the guest room and held her until she fell asleep.
"How's Mel?" Emily asked in a whisper once JJ came to check on them.
"She's okay now, but she needs you Em, so do the boys, Elle isn't the only one struggling right now" JJ explained then kissed Emily's cheek before beginning to walk away.
"Are you?" Emily asked.
"Am I what?"
"Are you struggling too?" Emily asked and JJ turned around.
"When everyone around you is it's hard not to be" She faked a smile and exited before Emily fell with guilt.