three

"Please Dad! Stop! That hurts! Stop!" Melody cried out during an intense nightmare. Georgia had informed Emily and JJ that these had been happening so they weren't surprised when they heard the screams from down the hall.
"No! Stop please! It hurts!" Emily and JJ ran into the little girl's room immediately hearing her small cries. Emily pulled back Melody's comforter and the two of them immediately saw a puddle of pee.
"Melody, wake up baby, Melody, you're okay, you're safe," JJ said softly as she gently rubbed Melody's arm and the little girl shot up, she was covered in sweat, tears and pee.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I-I I'll clean it I'm sorry, please don't hurt me, please. I'll g-" Melody exclaimed sadly as she jumped out of bed but JJ stopped her and held her, the girl flinched at her touch but knew that JJ wasn't going to let go.
"Melody, it's okay, you're okay, no one is going to hurt you, everyone gets nightmares, It's going to be okay, we can just get you washed up okay?" JJ asked softly as Emily cleaned the bed. Melody nodded and JJ wiped her tears before picking up the young child and bringing her into the bathroom.
JJ put Melody in the warm shower and ran the shower head up and down her back softly and gently. The blonde saw all of Melody's scars and bruises and couldn't stop her heart from breaking every time she uncovered a new one. Melody's light brown hair looked almost black as the water hit it and JJ smiled to herself, the girl and her had no blood relation but could be a mix of the blonde and Emily. Light brown hair and crystal blue eyes.
"All set." JJ turned the water off and helped Melody out of the shower and tub. The little girl saw JJ's soaking wet shirt and immediately burst out into tears.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, you're wet, please don't hu-" Melody cried.
"It's okay sweetheart, it's just water, it will dry, it's okay, now come here" JJ said as she held a towel out for Melody before wrapping her up in it as well as carrying her back to her room.
"There you go, see all better right?" Emily asked and Melody nodded into JJ's shoulder. It was obvious she was extremely embarrassed by the previous events.
"Let's get you dressed" JJ whispered as she pulled out some of the pajamas that Garcia picked up before coming over. It was a two piece set the smallest size in the five year old age category and was huge on Melody which extremely concerned the couple.
"So Melody, your bed is all made up" Emily announced and JJ placed the young girl down.
"Thank you Agent Emily and Agent JJ" The little girl said with a touch of sadness.
"You don't have to call us Agent sweetie, you can just call us Emily and JJ" the blonde explained as she lightly brushed the little girl's hair.
"Okay" she said softly.
"Melody, do you want to meet our other kids tomorrow?" Emily asked.
"The ones you told me about earlier?" Melody asked
"Yeah, Micheal, Elle and Henry," JJ stated as she finished a small braid in Melody's hair.
"Sure"
"Okay then," Emily smiled and she and JJ began tucking the little girl into bed.
"Goodnight sweetheart, we will see you tomorrow" JJ smiled and gently squeezed Melody's hand.
"Goodnight Mel," Emily said softly and hesitated before deciding to leave her with a small kiss on her forehead.
"We need to take her to the doctors," Emily whispered to JJ as soon as they got in the hall.
"I know she's so small" JJ agreed and the two made their way into their room, settling themselves into bed.
"JJ we have four kids" Emily said as JJ made herself comfortable with her head on Emily's chest.
"Looking back, what stopped us from telling each other earlier?"
"What? That we had feelings for each other?" The brunette asked and JJ nodded
"Well, you were with Will, and I was the stand in unit chief for Hotch th-"
"No Em, I know that but I'm talking about before that." JJ stated
"JJ that doesn't matter, all that matters is the fact that we are together now, we have a house full of love and kids and that's all that I care about" Emily explained
January 8
Emily woke up early as usual and made her way out of her room where she heard muffled sounds behind Melody's door. Emily made her way closer to the door and opened it to see Melody sitting in her bed.
"Hey Mel, why are you up so early?" Emily asked softly.
"Please don't be mad, I'll go back to sleep" She said with fear in her eyes and Emily sat in the bed.
"I'm not mad, come here, we can go downstairs while we wait for JJ to wake up" Emily smiled and picked up the young girl before heading downstairs.
"Are you hungry, I'm a pretty good cook... way better than JJ" Emily let out a small laugh.
"The only thing she can make is pasta," Emily laughed once more as she set Melody down on the kitchen island.
"I-can you make waffles?" Melody hesitated, it was obvious that she was scared of asking for anything.
"Of course" Emily smiled.
    As they ate their waffles JJ walked downstairs and started brewing herself a cup of coffee before going to the table and sitting beside Emily.
"You two are up early" JJ said and took a bite of Emily's waffle.
"There is more on the counter" Emily laughed.
"Hey Mel, how'd you sleep baby?" JJ asked in her motherly way.
"Okay I-I was a little scared" Melody admitted before taking a bite of her waffle.
"That's okay, things are scary sometimes, but tonight if you want to I bet that Henry would want to build a fort if you want to too, I am the best at making forts" JJ exclaimed happily.
"Like Emily is the best at cooking, she said that you're not so good" Melody said and JJ playfully hit Emily's shoulder.
"I happen to be a great cook" JJ said.
"Well the eggs you made last week disagree" Emily laughed and so did Melody before Elle came in with the boys.