Part 7

It has been three days since Peter and the others left for the mission. He being the most amazing sweetheart he is, he calls you everyday, ensuring you that he and the others are okay. 

You would sleep with Pepper at night and she was also glad to have you with her.

May also shifted into the Compound  until Peter comes back. 

After May moved into the compound, it went on lockdown, due to possible threat. Only Happy and a few security guards were allowed in.

Friday had started teaching you on Tony's request, resuming your studies after you fell out of school after your mother died.

You felt guilty because you weren't feeling as bad as you should when your mother died. You thought that was because you had found a family in the Avengers. Natasha being the cool aunt, Pepper being a mother figure, Tony felt more like a father than a uncle, Steve being the concerned uncle, Bucky and Sam being the cool uncles,Bruce being the excessively smart uncle, Wanda being the amazing older sister  , Vision being an amazing mobile and of course Peter being the bestest boyfriend.

Ned and MJ called you regularly to  ask you how you were doing and to ask about how the avengers were doing.

Harley had gone with the Avengers, you didn't know why,he was technically Tony's son, which technically made him your brother.

You had set a routine. getting up, freshening up, jogging around the compound, having breakfast, attending classes with Friday, lunch, video games, lab time, dinner and after dinner you four- you, Pepper, May and Happy would call the team for updates and then watch a movie together before going to sleep.

------------------------ 

It had been a week and a half since the Avengers left, you and May were playing Mario Kart, She was surprisingly awesome at video games.

Pepper came in with a tub full of ice-cream.

"Isn't that Tony's Favourite flavour?" You asked.

"I'm getting back at him after he used my lipsticks to do make up on Steve. The best part is he thinks I hate this favour, so he never knows who ate it."

"I'm gonna go get a spoon, I'll get back at him for refusing to make me a suit."

You got up grinning mischievously and went to the kitchen to get a spoon when FRIDAY announced an incoming call  from Tony Stark.

You hurried to the Living room, Pepper and May coming from the game room.

"Hey guys." It was Rhodey, he was smiling.

"Hey Rhodey." You smiled back.

"Hello Rhodey."

"Colonel." May nodded at him.

"Pep, you got a little something on your lip." 

You looked at Pepper's lips, covered in Ice-cream, Pepper's eyes widened and she immediately wiped it off.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Tony."

"Speaking of which, Where is he?" May asked.

Rhodey's grin faltered but it was back as soon as it was gone.

"He's fine, The mission is over and we are on our way back."

You all sighed in relief.

"Um-UH-uh-" Rhodey opened and closed his mouth wanting to say something, but not sure if he should.

"Spit it out James." You said, worried something had happened to your family.

"It's better if you see y/n/n. We'll be back in 10 minutes." And he cut the call, not waiting for you to respond.

You all went to wait on the landing area and in 10 minutes exactly, the jet landed and a few of the Avengers ran past you, you caught a glimpse of Ironman, his helmet was off and he was running towards the Medbay with a body in his hand.

You knew that body, but you refused to believe it shaking your head, you kept chanting "No,No,No" under your breath.

You looked towards the jet to see HIM come out, but the jet was closing and all the Avengers par Tony, Bruce, Wanda and Steve, were looking at you. 

You looked at May to see she had the same look on her face, unshed tears in both your eyes.

You took a 360 degree turn, looking everywhere for a flash of red and Blue and those chocolate brown eyes.

When you couldn't find them, your knees buckled and you hit the ground. 

May put her arm around your shoulders and Nat came from the other side and finally said it aloud what you were hoping would be false.

"Pete got shot, he took the hits for Tony."

Hearing this, Pepper rushed to the Medbay, to provide moral support to her boyfriend, knowing very well he already blamed himself for so much as a scar on Peter's body, he would most probably be having a panic attack.

Harley came to you and kneeled down to wipe your tears, that's when you realised you were crying.

"How many Times, Harls?" You asked, regretting the question as soon as you heard his answer.

"13" You broke down.