Part-time Job

The bell rings, signaling the end of classes for the day, and you're the first one out the door.

I gotta get to work!

You jog off the school grounds and into town, just barely catching the bus that will take you a few minutes down the road, to the stop right in front of the cafe where you work.

You run into the alley behind the cafe and through the back door, slowing down to walk through the hall. As you enter the locker room, you pass your coworker. "Hey John, is the shop busy today?"

John nods slightly, his black hair nearly covering his dark green eyes. He speaks quietly, looking up at you as he takes off the apron of his uniform. "Those kids from Ketsubutsu academy are back, I don't think you've served them before. They're loud but they haven't caused trouble."

"Thanks, I'll make sure to take their orders when I go out." You put your bag and school jacket in your locker, then head to the bathroom to change into your uniform. Right before you shut the door you see John remove his work shirt, and begin to pull on his street shirt. You catch a glimpse of the thin scar near his hip and look away guiltily, remembering the day he received that wound.

A few minutes later, you're out in the cafe, about to take the orders of the students from Ketsubutsu. They look to be your age, and as the boy with dark brown hair notices you walking toward the table he quiets everyone down and pulls on a charming smile, watching you approach.

You put on your own pleasant smile, taking out your notepad to write down their orders. "What can I get for you today?"

The girl with blonde hair and sharp teeth begins to speak, but the boy silences her with a look. "Before we order, I'd like to ask you a question."

You look at him slightly surprised, and reply slowly, "Alright... what is it?" He smiles, running a few fingers through his messy hair.

"What school has the pleasure of being attended by a beautiful girl like yourself?" You blush slightly, wondering why he wants to know.

"I'm from U.A high school... why do you ask?" Your response seems to delight him and the other students around the table, who turn to look at you as well.

"Do you know any U.A students from class 1-A?Particularly any green, blonde, or red and white haired kids?" You meet his unblinking eyes as he waits for your response.

You think back to seeing a few glimpses of the green haired boy who sits behind you, the red/white haired student that was being fawned over by girls, and of course the asshole Bakugou.

"Yes... I know of them, but I've only spoken to the blonde." The entirely table of students begin to look at you intensely, waiting with baited breath as the brown-haired student speaks again.

"I think that's enough questions for now, thanks for putting up with my interrogation." He smiles brightly up at you, making you blush a little once more. "My name is Yo Shindo, I've never seen you here before. Are you a new waiter?"

You let out a breath, a little smile crossing your face. "Well, I usually only work early mornings and late nights. I'm just covering for my coworker today, but I might have to change shifts soon so that I can come here straight from school."

"Well I'll have to start visiting more often to see your pretty face!" You laugh at his remark and begin to take their orders.

After around half an hour later, the Ketsubutsu students pay for their meals and leave the cafe. Before he leaves Shindo stops in front of the counter where you're preparing coffee.

"Would it be alright if I asked the name of the girl who stole my heart?" You smile and look down, all too used to customers hitting on you.

"I'm y/n, nice to meet you."

"That's a very pretty na-"

"Y/n, your shifts over, you can go home for the night." You turn too see your boss standing next to you, ready to take the now-prepared coffee to the customers.

You smile gratefully, knowing that your shift isn't over for another 15 minutes. "Thanks Kaitlyn, bye Shindo!" Kaitlyn winks at you as you hurry into the back hallway before Shindo can say anything else.

After you finish changing and are about to leave, Kaitlyn walks into the locker room. You begin speaking as she unties her shiny brown hair from a ponytail. "You totally saved me back there, thank you."

She laughs, "No problem, but eventually we're going to have to put up a sign specifically for you, that says No flirting with the staff! Honestly, I'm 26 and I still get out-done by a 16 year old." You laugh, pulling your bag over your shoulder.

You notice her take off her apron and pull on a hoodie. "Are you not taking the late shift?"

"No, I'm closing up early tonight. I have somewhere to be, and Caleb is busy today, that's why I had you cover for him." She hangs hers apron in her locker and pull out her purse, beginning to look for her car keys. "Speaking of which, have you decided what shifts you want this month?"

You look up surprised, "Oh right! I have actually." You lean on your locker and run your hands through your hair. "I want to work Tuesday and Thursday right after school to close, and I'll take late-night Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays."

Kaitlyn stops rummaging through her purse and looks up surprised. "That's an awful lot of shifts for a high schooler y/n, are you sure you can handle it?"

You smile and begin walking towards the door. "I can do it don't worry, I have to pay rent somehow!" You open the back door, call goodbye to Kaitlyn and begin walking to your apartment.

You cross through the alley, and right as you turn onto the street in front of the cafe, a voice calls out to you.

"Hey y/n, I've been waiting for you!"

You look up to see who was speaking, only to find...

"Shindo?"