His House

"N-nice t-to meet you!" You extend a shivering hand to Mrs. Bakugou, who instead of shaking it turns to light up a door to your left, which she opens to reveal a linen closet. She then takes a towel from the shelf and wraps it around you hurriedly.

"Let's get you warmed up and worry about pleasantries later, okay sweetheart?" Mrs. Bakugou smiles as you nod in the indirect light of the flashlight. "How about I show you to the shower, and Katsuki'll get you some dry clothes. Luckily the water is still running."

"O-oh that's okay! I c-couldn't possibly-"

Mrs. Bakugou ignores your refusal and abruptly spins on her heel to walk down the dark hallway, illuminating the wooden floorboards with the flashlight as she goes.

Her light suddenly disappeared around the corner and left you in the pitch black again, leaving you to slip off your water-weighted shoes and take a few steps forward to start following.

In the darkness, you feel a sudden presence right in front of you that makes you stop.

Although you can't see him, you can feel Bakugou hovering just in front of you, as though about to say something.

It's quiet for a moment, and you can feel the heat emanating from his skin, only inches away.

A drop of water falls from a bristle of his flattened hair and lands on your nose, making you flinch slightly.

Why isn't he saying anything...?

The sound of a bath tub faucet turning on knocks the both of you back to reality, and a moment later his presence disappears as Bakugou easily finds his way down the dark hall and supposedly up a staircase from the sound of it.

You shiver again and stumble after Mrs. Bakugou, trying to figure out what had just happened.

Did he have something to say...?

Why did he just stand there...

After you enter the bathroom, you watch as Mrs. Bakugou pulls out a fresh towel and hangs it up on the door, then shuts off the water as the bath finishes filling up with welcoming hot water and soapy bubbles.

A few candles had already been put on the countertop to illuminate the room with dim warm light, so thankfully you wouldn't have to bathe in full darkness.

"All right. I'll put the clothes Bakugou gets on the counter for you when you finish."

"T-thank you!" You bow to Mrs. Bakugou, who smiles warmly and slips out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

You stand there in your wet clothes and damp towel for a moment, shivering from head to toe and trying to process what had just happened. Mrs. Bakugou had been so welcoming, and didn't even ask questions before letting you into her home. What was she thinking? Did she want something in return??

There were a few terrible and grim memories from your childhood that hadn't been erased by your accident, and only a select few included such trivial things as kindness. To put it bluntly, you weren't used to people only doing things out of the goodness of their hearts.

There must be a reason.

***

The bath is nice and warm, and you can't refrain from simply sinking into the bubbles happily for a while.

Mrs. Bakugou delivers the clothes quickly, politely keeping her back to you as she sets the clothes down and picks up your soaking ones before slipping back out again.

Once you can feel the tips of your fingers and toes again, you finish washing yourself and step out. After drying yourself off, you step out of the draining bath and pick up the clothes.