Back Off

"Shindo? Why are you still here?" You slow down, stopping a few feet away from him to lean your back on the side of the cafe building.

He puts his hands in his pockets, sitting on the fire hydrant a few feet across from you. "I wanted to talk to you, without my friends watching. I know I only met you today but I have a favor I'd like to ask."

You stay still, looking at Shindo's innocent smile. "What would you need from someone like me?"

He laughs, standing up to move closer to you. "It's not anything hard I promise, will you hear my request?"

"Sure..." You watch as he takes another step closer, staring at you with unblinking eyes.

"I need to you bring someone to this cafe for me. One of the students I mentioned before, either the green, blonde, or red/white haired kid." He steps close enough to nearly stand on your toes. You look up, the top of your head barely above his nose.

"Why would I need to do that?" You lean back as Shindo towers over you, only a few inches away.

"C'mon, don't you want to help out a fr-"

"Oi."

A rough voice cuts through Shindo's sentence. "Get the fuck away from her."

Shindo turns to see who dared interrupt, a look of anger on his face. "Excuse me? We're in the middle of somethi-" He stops mid sentence, staring at the stranger.

Bakugou stood there, his bag over one shoulder, and an unimpressed look on his face. "So?" He pushes Shindo back and stands in front of you. "I heard you tell her to bring one of us here, well I'm here now. The fuck do you want?"

Shindo steps back startled, and stands there at a loss for words.

"Tch. Albino, let's go." Bakugou turns and begins walking without a second glance. You stand there dumbfounded for a moment before glancing at Shindo, then hurrying after Bakugou.

A few minutes later once you're out of Shindo's sight, you begin speaking.

"Hey,"

No response.

"Hey!" You run in front of Bakugou, blocking his path.

"What?!" He glares down at you, a scowl on his face.

"I was going to say thank you." You frown up at him, "Why did you help me back there?"

He stays silent and tries to pass you but you stay in front. "I won't let you leave until you tell me!"

He flashes a look of irritation at you then begins speaking. "It was annoying to see you just standing there like a weakling. Even if you're new you're still a U.A student, so don't you dare do shit like that again. It makes our school look weak." He walks past you as you stand there surprised. "Don't expect me to save your sorry ass when you get into trouble again."

You turn to follow him, beginning to feel angry. "I had it under control, you didn't save me! Besides, it was you he wanted to meet with, what's that about?" You walk close behind him, losing track of where your headed. "Is he angry at you for something?"

Bakugou stops suddenly, nearly causing you to run into him again. He spins around to face you, speaking in an annoyed tone. "I didn't do a goddamn thing to that prick. He probably just saw me, the shitty nerd and that half-n-half bastard in the sports festival and wondered if he could beat one of us in a fight. " He looks at you, a grin flashing across his face. "He was probably shitting himself because he didn't have his little friends to back him up when he saw me."

Bakugou turns and begins walking again, calling over his shoulder, "Now leave me alone, you walking headache!"

You stare at his retreating back, astonished by how much of an ass he was being. You turn and walk back down the street, yelling over your shoulder. "You know being a dick won't make yours any bigger, asshole!!"

You see him freeze in his tracks, but before he can retaliate you're already around the corner walking away.

You begin finding your way to your apartment, thinking about what had just happened.

Save me my ass, he had the worst timing catching me with Shindo.

You finally find your way onto a familiar street, and begin making your way to your apartment.

I'll prove to him that I don't need saving...