I Was Wrong

FYI: if you haven't seen '5 feet Apart' you should watch it, bc this chapter talks about it and gives spoilers <3

"THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!"

You smirk as Bakugou scrubs the dishes from dinner furiously.

"This was the deal. You do the chores and I let you stay."

Bakugou fumes furiously, not retorting because he knew you had a point.

The storm had only worsened outside, and the emergency broadcast had told everyone it would take at least two days to calm down.

Thank god I got groceries yesterday.

Bakugou collapses on the right side of the couch opposite from you after finishing the dishes, closing his eyes for a moment to relax.

"Does your family know where you are?"

Bakugou hums lowly in affirmation, keeping his eyes closed. "I texted 'em while you were showering."

You nod, picking up the remote to flip through channels. Nothing caught your eye, so you smiled slyly and lobbed the remote at Bakugou. It landed on his stomach, and he jumped at the sudden contact, opening one eye to glare at you.

You giggled happily, pulling your legs onto the couch to hold against your chest.

Bakugou picks up the remote and switches to Netflix, scrolling for a minute before you see '5 Feet Apart' slide onto the screen.

"WAIT!"

Bakugou turns to look at you as the trailer starts playing, frowning at your sudden exclamation. "What??"

"This show! I want to watch it!!"

Bakugou turns back to the screen to watch the trailer, and his ears are soon tinged with red.

"WHAT?! NO!!"

"YES!!!" You launch yourself across the couch onto your knees, reaching for the remote. Bakugou retaliates by holding it up high and away from you, towards the balcony door. He uses a foot to attempt to push you away, but you reach for the remote with your left hand, using your right to push away his head.

You stretch as far as you can and finally wrench the remote away from Bakugou's grasp, falling onto him as you do.

Your head and arms are hanging off the side of the couch, remote acquired, and the rest of you is lying across Bakugou's awkwardly crossed legs.

"Oi..."

Bakugou's voice is surprisingly quiet as he speaks, staying still as you attempt to get back up.

You decide to take a little longer to get up than is necessary, not wanting to show your red face.

The atmosphere is suddenly awkward, and the two of you remained quiet while you pushed yourself to your knees and folded your legs under you.

"You're... really small."

Bakugou's comment was what broke the awkward silence, and he smiled as you blushed even harder in fury.

"I AM NOT!!!" You stand up on the couch and point the remote at Bakugou, one hand on your hip, as he bursts into laughter, his laugh slightly higher-pitched than his usual voice.
"I'M DECENTLY SIZED YOU ASSHOLE!!!"

* * *

45 minutes later: During 5 Feet Apart

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?"

You jump at Bakugou's exclamation of anger and look at him in confusion. His eyes are fixed on the TV which he seems to be yelling at.

"THAT'S FUCKING STUPID!? JUST 'CAUSE THEIR GODDAMN PARENTS GAVE 'EM SHITTY GENES MEANS THEY CAN'T TOUCH EACH OTHER!?!"

You laugh lightly, still partially watching the show. "And here I thought you weren't into romances."

Bakugou leans back onto the couch and exhales angrily. "Shut it. I don't like this show, it just pisses me off." He mumbled something else about shitty parents and you look down at your lap, thinking of your own family.

"I'm sure they would've changed parents in order to get better if they could..."

Your bittersweet words are quiet compared to the movie, but Bakugou gives you a mixed look of curiosity and seriousness which you don't see.

* * *

After the movie

You slowly look up from the tear-dampened pillow you're hugging to see if Bakugou is as upset as you are.

His eyes are determinedly not letting any tears out, but his bottom lip and chin are trembling.

"That was fucking stupid..."

Bakugou turns away from you to rub his eyes furiously, and you give a hiccupy laugh.

"I mean... he was trying to save her, wasn't that the right thing to do?"

This makes Bakugou turn around, deep in thought as he ponders the question. After a moment he answers, looking into your watery eyes.

"That's true but... for what though? He was her whole world, and she risked her life to be with him for a reason right?"

He looks down at his crisscrossed legs and continues. "He left her so she could live, but I think that might've killed her a little."

You stare at Bakugou in utter surprise, wondering how this soft side had been hidden underneath such a prickly shell all along.

"I was wrong."

Bakugou looks back up at you questioningly, wondering what you're talking about.

"You're not a porcupine, you're actually just a big teddy b-!"

A pillow hits you square in the face.