Chapter 1

I woke up to the cold white floor of my white cell. I felt my whole body ache from the pain as I slowly sat up against a wall. My gaze went into the dark hallway outside of my cell. A golden shield light's up the view, acting as a force-field to keep me inside. Once I touched it. Once. My hand was nearly burnt off. I am kept in a different dungeon than the other prisoners. My cell is the only one here. At the end of the hall is a large stone door with guards on the other side. My body is malnourished, scarred, and the area around my eyes is a dark color from lack of sleep. I am only given a small amount of food every couple of days. There are some dents along the walls from when I took my anger out by hitting it.  And to top it all off, the golden barrier has weakened my powers to the point where I can not even tell if they are still there. 

Every day I have been here, I have been in pain. A pain that could only be topped by the pain I experienced at the hands of a certain Titan. Each day guards would come into my cell, and lash me, mock me. Not once though, have I screamed or cried. Not in front of anyone at least. I am not going to give them that satisfaction. Even if it may be a façade. Their thinking that I don't care at all and that their words mean nothing to me gives me a small sense of pride and accomplishment. Though by now, I am sure that they know I am not fairing too well. They laugh at my state of being. I never respond to anything. When was the last time I have actually spoken to someone?  Nobody is allowed to visit me, even though Mother had pleaded with Odin to allow her to visit me. She couldn't even see me in the form of an illusion. The dungeon I am held in has some sort of block around it.

 Sometimes I hear the voice of the Titan in my head, reminding me how weak I am, how I failed him, bringing back unpleasant memories, reminding me of anything I would wish to forget.  

Soon my view drifted to the sight of a dark red on my left. My hand went to a large gash my bleeding shoulder. I tried hard not to wince at the sudden pressure I felt. Just then, the large doors at the end of the hall opened. I went farther into the corner, even though it would do nothing to decrease the pain I was certainly about to experience. The footsteps stopped right in front of my cell. The first thing I noticed was that one was carrying a pair of cuffs. The golden barrier came down, and 3 guards stepped into my cell. I looked over to them, confusion written on my face.

"Get up!" One guard demanded. I pushed my frail figure off of the ground. I nearly fell down but caught myself on one of the walls. The guard's faces turned to smirks at the sight. They walked over to me and the one holding the cuffs took my wrists and slapped them on. These cuffs are supposed to keep my powers in check. Although, I find these precautions useless due to the fact that I won't be able to do too much in my current state. 

"What's going on?" I queried with a raspy voice. I hate the sound of my own voice. I hate it all. Why couldn't the void have been it? Why wouldn't the fall end?  

"You are coming with us," they ordered. Two of them came behind me and each placed one hand over one of my shoulders. I was pushed forward and out of the cell. Guards led me through the dark stone hall, and through the stone doors which lead out into the main dungeons. It's the same layout, but instead of one cell, there are many lining the sides of the hallway. My eyes are fixed on the ground as we make our way to the stairs that lead up into the palace. Reaching the end of the staircase, I am met with the golden glow of the palace corridors. It would be beautiful, I am sure. If not for the fact that I loathe this whole place. As we walk through the palace, I am still wondering what is happening. Where are they taking me?  My question was answered as I was met with the doors to the throne room. Ah, Yes. It must be time for a heart to heart chat with Odin. I almost chuckled at my own sarcastic thought, but stopped myself as the doors in front of me were opened. I was pushed through, and down the hall to where Odin sat atop his elevated throne. Just like when I had last been here, the room was golden with a few windows between pillars that stood along the sides. I felt the guard's grip on my shoulders tighten, and stop me only a few feet away from the throne.