Chapter 3

3rd Person Pov:

After riding the elevator back up to the party deck where the others still were, Natasha stationed herself behind the bar that a drunk Clint and Tony sat at. The two were laughing over things that did not even make sense. Bruce was videotaping the whole thing on his phone from one of the sofa's in the middle of the room, and Steve went over to sit beside him to watch as well.  "Hey Nat, settle a bet will ya?" Tony slurred his words.

"Which would be the better weapon, a pickle or a cucumber? I say cucumber, Tony says pickle," Clint continued. Natasha rolled her eyes and took their drinks away. She knew how stressed they both must be right now. Neither of them asked for the duty of co-existing with the God of Mischief, the man who very negatively impacted their lives. Even so, she did not think that the way to deal with that was by making a fool of themselves.

"Hey!" they both shouted in unison as their beers were taken from them. 

"You two have to go to bed right now, I don't know how much you've drunk. If you don't, Tony I'll destroy all you're fancy clothes, and Clint I'll break all your arrows," She warned the two. Tony held up his hands in surrender and Cint followed him to the elevator with a disgruntled look. They both knew not to argue with Natasha. After watching them leave Natasha reached down below the counter of the bar and grabbed an apple out of a mini-fridge. She then waved to Steve and Bruce before heading to the elevator and down to her room as well.

"So how are you holding up?" Steve questioned Bruce.

"I don't really know what to think, to be honest. I mean, he killed so many people, and now we just have to let him live here? Did you notice how different he looked, pretty thin. He must have had a hard time up in Asgard. Hey, did you hurt your hand, it's bleeding," Bruce shared his thoughts before noticing Steve's hand.

"Oh, I was going to wash this off," Steve got up and washed his hand in a sink at the bar, and then sat down again to finish the conversation. "Loki's shoulder was bleeding. I hadn't noticed until it was too late," Steve finished. Bruce nodded. Both men did not really know what to do. They could not help but feel a little bad for Loki. They still did not like him but felt that they should not let him just die. "Hey, do you think we should bring him some food?" the Captain wondered. Bruce nodded and they both gathered some food. They had leftover Chili from a few nights ago and decided that would be good. They went together to Loki's room, being quiet not to wake anyone since everyone was on the same floor.

Loki's Pov: 

I had actually fallen asleep, and uninterrupted sleep. Something I had not had in a long time, but of course it had to be ruined. I don't think I had gotten an hour's rest before hearing the door slide open. Quickly, I got up off the bed. The less dangerous version of the beast who had violently thrown me around during the attack and the Captain stood at the door.  Bruce walked in, but Steve stayed at the entrance. The man held a bowl of some substance that was letting off steam. He sat down on the red armchair that faced the bed, and I too sat back down on the bed. 

"Um, we brought you some food. Thought you might be a little hungry," he hesitated and then held out the bowl for me to reach. I took it and eyed them both suspiciously. The Captain still watched me from the doorframe. 

"Is it poisoned?" I guessed, staring at the substance in the bowl. I doubted their intentions. Why would you try and help the enemy, that is quite a rash move. Unless it somehow brings you to an advantage. So I could rightly assume that this was most likely meant to kill me. That does seem to be a common goal in the universe after all. It seems that everyone would be a lot happier if I was not around, and if not that then at least suffering. The two in front of me exchanged confused looks.