Chapter 2

3rd Person Pov:

The Avengers have all been staying at Stark Tower, no it's Avengers Tower now. After New York, Tony and Pepper had redesigned the Tower to fit the needs of each Avenger and turned it into a base. 

Tony Stark currently sat at a table in a Lab. He held a tablet in his hand, and various tools were scattered in front of him. He was currently working on improvements for his repulsors. As he pressed various virtual buttons on his tablet he heard a sound and the lights flickered on and off for a moment. It seemed to be coming from somewhere in the Avengers Tower. 

"Jarvis," Tony addressed his AI.

"Sir, there seems to be some extensive amount of energy contacting with the deck," Jarvis informed Tony of the situation. The man then put down his tool and tablet. 

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't so popular. Call the team up there, we'll check it out," Tony responded. He then tapped the Colantotte Bracelets on his wrists, and the Ironman suit attached itself to his body. Armored, he walked over to the nearest window and flew through it. 

"Avengers, please report to the deck. Prepare for possible threat," the AI explained to the rest of the Tower.

Upon hearing this, the rest of the team stopped whatever they were doing. Steve had been looking through popular bands on a computer in his room, but quickly grabbed his shield and headed to the elevator. Natasha and Clint were both training in combat against each other in the Gym when they were informed. Thor and Bruce were both in the kitchen drinking coffee while talking. Thor got up, Mjolnir in hand. Bruce grabbed a phone and called Tony quickly. "Hey Tony, do you think this will be a code green? Or should I just stay down in the kitchen," Bruce questioned. 

"Don't know. I'll call you up if things get messy," Ironman reassured. Just then, Tony Stark landed on the deck, and all he saw was a limp figure on the ground. The ground around the figure was scorched in a patterned circle.  Tony made a disgusted expression under his mask because of the damage done to his deck. The rest of the Avengers arrived on the deck soon after. Nobody went near the body lying in front of them, and they all just stood there for a moment. "What are we doing here," Clint was to first to speak up.

"We were called up here," Natasha reminded him.

"I know that! What I meant was what's with the body, and the circle... thing," Clint clarified. Natasha was laughing on the inside, but her expression had not changed and was still neutral. Thor then walked up to the body. The God of Thunder had already guessed who was here, but he did not know why. He knelt down and turned the figure over to see the face. When he did this, the cuffs became visible to the rest of the Avengers and they too saw the face of someone they thought they would never see again. Loki. Everyone but Thor exchanged confused and angry looks.

"Thor, what is going on?" Tony inquired. He did not want to see Loki again. Loki was the reason he had terrible flashbacks, and occasional anxiety/panic attacks. Tony desperately wanted Thor to tell him this was not Loki. Before Thor could answer though, Clint voiced his concerns.

"If this is who I think it is... Then I better get out of here before I put an arrow through his eye socket!" Clint was not joking. Everyone knew he resented the war criminal, hated him as much as anyone could, probably more so. Having his mind toyed with, and doing the things he did during that time, were memories Clint was not fond of. Even though Thor knew Loki had done terrible things, he did not want his friend to kill his brother. The God quickly stood up.

"Clint, I think it wise for you to leave us for now," Thor decided. With that, Natasha led Clint away from the scene and off the deck. Finally, Thor got the chance to speak.