31[Luna Malik]

I can not wait to see Kinta soon. My hearts keeps skipping. Kinta is a blessing from God, and I could not have asked for anything else.

While changing into my uniform, I look at myself in the dressing mirror and smile. I don't think I ever looked happier than I look this moment.

All of a sudden, I feel extremely sick. My stomach feels like it is squeezed and tightened. Very nauseous and uncomfortable. I could be having Noro virus or maybe flu. I take a sip of water and rest on the bed for a little while.

I have been feeling dizzy lately especially in the morning. My eyes hurt as well when I stand for long. I will go to the hospital after school today.

I slowly move out of my room to Mom's room. It is barely six o'clock . I enter her room and find her putting on make up.

"Hm, going somewhere? You are glowing" I whisper to her. She turns and faces me. Then smiles back at the mirror looking at herself.

"I should be asking

"I should be asking. You are glowing more than ever since last night. School has been making you glow this much huh? Anything new?"

"Yes Mom. I have great friends!" I respond smiling brightly. I have always wanted to tell her about Kinta and my friends. Looking startled, she smiles and hugs me.

"Wow! That is amazing Luna. Tell them I leave my daughter to them during school hours so they better take good care of you" Listening to her, I grin and nod.

Mom is beautiful. Her long straight hair falls to her back. She neatly combs it and ties it up. Her clean Asian skin glows every time the sunlight reflects on it. Her lips are thin and pinky. Her black round eyes are adorable.

"How do I look?" After completely dressing up, she asks me.

"Gorgeous, Mom" I reply loudly.

Soon, Mom and I both walk out of the house without letting Dad know. He has been ill for some days so he hardly gets out of his room. Mom and I take that as an advantage to walk together to my school. There, we meet Ryota, Honoka and Kyoka.

"Luna!" Kyoka runs to me. Honoka and Ryota follow her.

"Yo Luuuuuuna!What's up?" Ryota taps my shoulders. I smile and turn to Mom. She looks as though she is about to tear up. She smiles to them and says "hello, I'm Luna's mother. Thank you all for being nice to my daughter. I truly thank you all" She bows.

"Come on Aunt! What are friends for?" Honoka holds Mom's hands.

"Thank you fro giving birth to a strong girl like Luna, Aunt" Followed by Ryota.

Then I spot Kinta running towards us.

"I thought I was late! Phew." Running out of breath, he says to us.

"Kinta, say hi to Luna's Mom", Kyoka tells Kinta. He quickly stands straight and bows to Mom.

"Luna's mother! I'm Kinta. Nice to meet you", Looking at nervous Kinta, we all laugh out loud. Mom laughs and says goodbye to us. Soon, she walks away while we walk into the school. When we enter the school, we notice everyone staring at us.

"Why are they looking at us? Did something happen?"Kyoka asks.

We quit walking as soon as we see a poster on the notice board. The poster has a huge picture of me and Kinta, kissing. It is a picture that has only our faces and we look wet. It should be the one from when Kinta saved me when I was drowning in the swimming pool. The caption says, "Antisocial girl but a wh**e?"

"Complete nonsense!" "Hurry up! Let's take this thing off!"Ryota, Kyoka and Honoka begin to remove the poster.

Many students are still standing in front of the notice board giggling and whispering. Kinta takes my hand and runs leading me to the class. I feel scared and confused at the same time. The school authority can call our parents and they might dismiss us from the school.

"Don't worry Luna. Just be calm and act normal okay?" Kinta murmurs. The teacher enters the class and I sit by Kinta. I don't see Elsa. Ryota and Kyoka run into the class following the teacher. Honoka is not in the same class with us.

In the midst of cold eyes, we all act normal and spend the day. After the hectic school, Honoka follows me to the hospital. We lie to Kinta and tell him that we are going for girls' shopping while Kyoka goes out on a date with Ryota.

Having met the doctor and explained the all the problems I am facing, I go through a thorough body checkup. Honoka and I wait for the result patiently in a cafe inside the hospital. After about an hour, they mention my name and the room I am supposed to enter. I leave Honoka in the cafe and enter the doctor's room. It is a woman. I bow and take a seat. She smiles at me. I smile back.

"Hello, your name is Luna Malik yes?" She asks and I nod.

"Okay, great. So let's get straight to the point here. The dizziness, nausea and the rest you were feeling were early signs of pregnancy. You are now four months pregnant.. you didn't notice the enlargement of your abdomen?"Giggling, she tells me.

I gasp. "Pregnant?" The doctor nods. I get confused.

"Hey, Luna it is a beautiful thing. You are becoming a mother. But.. I'll have to let your parents know. You are still underage. Seventeen, am I right ?"

"I, I dont have parents doctor. I live alone" I hurriedly reply.

The doctor frowns but immediately change up to a smile.

"Well, Luna. My name is Haruna Chioda. This is my card, you can contact me anytime. I will for the meantime need you to come back here by Tuesday with some answers to questions I have to ask. Do you at least know the father of the child?"

I get frightened and nod. I quickly get up and pick my school bag.

"Thank you doctor Chioda. I'll be here on Tuesday. Bye" I bow and leave the room. I run to where Honoka waits. As soon as she sees me, she walks and asks me.

"What did the doctor say?"

I look down and place my hands on my abdomen.

"Honoka, I .. I just remembered. I haven't seen my period blood in months. I puke a lot and my stomach got a little bigger compared to months ago" staring at my abdomen, I murmur to her. She gasps.

"Luna, you.. you're !" I look up to her and nod. I smile and say "pregnant. I have a baby in here. I am about to be a mother!"

Honoka in a startled look immediately gives me a hug.

"Luna, I am happy for you. But.. your dad.."

I frown and look down to her statement. She grabs my shoulders. "Kinta?? Kinta is the father right ?" I nod. "But Honoka don't tell him yet okay?" She nods and take my hand.

"Let's go home Luna". I follow her out of the hospital. As she taking the lead, I grab her hand together than ever before. She realizes and turns back to me. "I love you Honoka. Thank you so much. You, Ryota, Kyoka and Kita are the best thing that ever happened to me" I tell her.

"Luna. We love you too. Thank you so much for making Kinta happy. You two are going to be the best parents" she places her hand on my abdomen and tells me. I smile slightly and reply.

"That is if he will let us be". "Come on Luna! What are you saying. Kinta loves you so much. He is going to be so happy to be the father of your child."
I believe in her words.

We slowly walk back home.