37[Luna Malik]

I follow Ashra to her apartment as soon as I am discharged from the hospital. Without even telling me the situation, Ashra drives me to her place and there Kinta and Honoka await us.

"Welcome back home Luna!" Honoka hands me a bouquet while giving me a tight hug. Chuckling, Kinta follows and gives me the tightest and the most affectionate hug. I exhale.

"I missed you so much" I murmur to them. Deep down, I am eager to ask why I have been brought here with all my other belongings. I keep my eagerness under control and join them for Ramen lunch.

"Luna, you need to be here for sometime, Ashra will be taking care of you. Just to be safe and more comfortable. Please be well". The moment the clock indicated 7 o'clock, Kinta grabs his jacket and says to me. Honoka also puts on her coat getting ready to leave Ashra's place. I tilt my head.

"Is everything okay?", out of confusion, I ask

"Is everything okay?", out of confusion, I ask. They all hesitantly nod. "Hey, don't worry about anything. Just focus on your health and our little baby okay?" Grabbing my sunken cheeks, Kinta responds. "I'll come back tomorrow and the next day, and the next day and the next until we are finally settled together", he kisses my stomach and my forehead, then finally steps out Ashra's apartment with Honoka.

Ashra and I walk around her neighborhood enjoying the cozy weather. I can't recall the last time Ashra and I spent the whole night together peacefully. I feel very safe around her, a sense of security which is little different from Kinta's. We eventually fall asleep watching movies and reminiscing our good memories.

Winter gradually show up and snow also begin to fall. It is the Christmas season and the year is almost ending . When the Christmas holidays start, Kinta visits us with our friends to spend about a week. On the last day of the year, we take a road trip to a different city, Karuizawa and welcome a brand new year together. Ashra takes us around Karuizawa since she spent years here on her journey running from Dad. She shows us the house she once stayed in with some old people. Karuizawa is full of nature and tranquility, we all spend a relaxing time. In three days, our vacation will be over and I will be on my way back to Ashra's house. Three days only feels like half a day when spending it with my favorite people in the entire world.

Three days pass like a joke and here I am back laying on Ashra's couch rubbing my huge stomach. Kinta and my friends are back to school writing exams or concentrating on maintaining their grades that I might have messed up for them.

Kinta stops by Ashra's house in the afternoon after school and we decide to take a walk outside. We talk for hours and hours in a park and get back on our foot walking towards Ashra's house. All of a sudden, we are caught by some black men who seem very familiar to me. We are grabbed and attacked violently. It is an empty road with less people so we have nobody to ask for help from. We are all by ourselves.

"Look at them, cursed useless people" "What a day for us eh? I've been waiting for this moment"

Two men among the people attacking us say with a heavy accent. Dad comes forward out of nowhere and my heart tremble as though I'm getting a heart attack. Agitation runs through my body and I am paralyzed. I realize that it is not my father who is giving me this agitation and fright but rather my child because there is an unfamiliar pain running around my stomach. Dad takes out a knife, Kinta grabs my hand and brings me behind his whole body.