5 [Luna Malik]

What was all that ? Is that guy trying to fool me ? Why were we looking at each other for so long?
Feeling very strange, I walk hurriedly to the restroom. My heart beats extremely faster.

By now he would be making fun of me with his friends

I am easy to get, besides what does he mean by library everyday after school and weekends?
Dad goes to the mosque and stays there from nine to eight so I'm sure I can get the freedom to go to the library after school.
Despite that, on weekends, I have Qur'an studies at the mosque from twelve to five. I doubt I'd ever get the chance to meet Kinta Fujiyama.
I look at myself in the mirror and notice that my face has turned reddish.

"I'm red! Oh my goodness! I'm red"!
I shout at the image in the mirror.
How insane am I? All due to that stupid Kinta Fujiyama.
I wash my face and fix my face, Looking at myself still.
I apply a lip balm on my lips and spray some Victoria's Secret body splash my big sister gave me four years ago, before she disappeared.
I straightened up my uniform and get out of the restroom.

As I get to the entrance of the classroom, my heart skips again.
Is he going to make me feel this way all the time ? I slowly open the door and enter into the classroom. The students are still paired up and are working on their research. I set my eyes on my seat. Kinta is laying on his desk while using his phone. I walk to my seat and sit silently.

"Ou you smell good. Where did you go to"? He gets up and asks.
"To the restroom" without looking, I respond.
"We have only 40 minutes to finish geography class and we've done nothing", he complains.
This gets on my nerves and I say,
"That is because you keep letting us talk about unnecessary things and never keep quiet"!
Then he replies, "Oh well that's because I'm curious about you and you never seem to talk and you never seem to face me and you never seem to smile"!
This statement leaves me speechless and I again, turn away and begin writing down some details about the project work.
"Oh so now you're going to ignore huh? Fine, do what you like"!
He talks out loud and continues using his phone. He is acting childish. At the age of seventeen, he acts so inmature? He must come from a very unconcerned family. I bet he does.

Geography class ends and mathematics class begins.
Break time, I stay alone in class and listen to music. Kinta continues to act like a stranger till closing time when he taps my shoulder.

"Are you ready, drama queen? Let's go to the library"! He says it in a very regular manner.
"And I think I did tell you that I couldn't make it"?

I won't deny, I actually feel kind of happy and relieved that he is finally speaking to me, asking me to go to the library with him. I am just playing hard to get.

"And I think I also did tell you right after that I didn't care and asked if you wouldn't mind when your geography grades got bad" .

I glare at him. He laughs. His white teeth appears with a cute little dimple only on his right cheek.