13[Kinta Fujiyama]

In the bus we both stand wet breathing uneasily.
I notice people around looking at Luna with a disgusted face. I set my eyes on where their eyes were, Luna's back, covered with blood. I turn her and she faces the window. I stand right behind her so her back gets covered. I wrap my arms around her shoulder.
She is cold. I remove my coat and place it over her shoulders.
She hurriedly wears it.

We remain silent till we reach Takadanobaba.
When we get off the bus, she loses her balance and falls on me. She looks up weakly. I once again failed to protect her and it hurts my hearts so much.
I carry her in my arms.
From the bus station to the old apartment is about 15 minutes walk. Still having her in my arms, I walk to the apartment.

When I get to the door, she gets down on her own and lays on the door.

"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I'm scared. What if Dad finds us here?" looking away, she responds.
"I'll protect you" I'm so eager to end this conversation for tonight. It might be too much for Luna to deal with for now.
I unlock the door and lightly push her inside the room.
She turns and runs to me. Her arms around my waist.
I can hear her weeping, I can feel her pain.

"I thought I'd never see you again" she says to me while she had her head on my chest.
I slowly take her clothes off and turn her so I can see her back.
There is a cut that looks fresh. I see some other old bruises too.

I carry her into the bathroom

There, she tells me to leave. I do as she says, but get right back when I realize she is as about to drown herself in the bathtub filled with cold water.
I bring her head out of the bathtub. She only cries. I don't say a word and only have her in my arms.
I understand that she hasn't seen the bright side of life yet. She has always only been in pain, alone, but I can't lose her. I need her alive.

Once she calms down, I hand her a towel.
"Don't do this Luna. You're strong" I grab her shoulder. She throws my hands and walks to the bedroom. I chase her. She is sitting on the bed in the towel.

"Let me treat your wounds" I walk to her.
"No matter how many times you treat these wounds, they keep coming back. Don't you see, Kinta. My life is meant to be this way" bitterly, she responds.
Still in the towel, she turns and faces me.
I get butterflies in my stomach. I might not be able to hide my feelings from her anymore.

 I might not be able to hide my feelings from her anymore