Chapter 10

Mahogany's POV~

So yesterday Charlie asked me out and today I'm getting ready or my date. Gosh, it's been so long since I had my first date. Believe it or not I never went with anybody else after Charlie and I broke up. I had issues about who to trust and who not to trust.

Anyways, I picked out a dress and its a black dress with silver details on it and it's open on the back. I'll let my hair down because that's just how it's suppose to go....
I wonder what will happen today. Police Garden was the first restaurant Charlie took me to. It was romantic because that was our second kiss or our first official kiss (We had a first one at our first Christmas as baby's, but I don't really count that as a real kiss).

I'm all ready and I'm at the living room waiting for Charlie to get here.
Mom and dad are out on a date and Anna and Scott went to the movies. I'm practically home alone which is good. Anna is the only one who knows I'm going on a date with Charlie. Mom and dad have been hating Charlie ever since the last day I saw him. I wonder why he got so mad at me all I did was...

The door bell rings.

I open the door and see Charlie fixing his watch. He looks up at me and stares at me for a moment. He is wearing a black tux with matching shoes.
"Wow," he says. "You look gorgeous."
I feel myself blushing.
"OhMyGod I made you blush." He says joking.
"I haven't been complimented in a long time," I explain. "How is it not possible for me to blush?"
Charlie opens his eyes in surprise.
He offers me his elbow.
"Shall we go?" He says with a fancy voice.
I hook my arm around his and smile.
"We shall." I respond.
He smiles and leads me to his car.
. . .
Charlie laughs.
"I can't believe you did that!" He says covering his mouth because he has a mouth full of food.
"I know," I say. "I can't believe I did that either!"
I was telling him about the time I studied with a guy from college and I started doing all the crazy stuff you can imagine.
We arrived at Olive Garden about an hour ago and we are now eating while telling stupid stories of when we were separated.
"So," he says. "I can't believe you've never been complimented before. Didn't any of the guys you dated ever compliment you?"
I laugh and set my fork down.
"Believe it or not I never actually dated anybody after the whole break up thing." I explain. "I didn't want to go trough the same thing again."
Charlie's smile fades away.
"I didn't want to date anyone when we broke up." He says. "I started dating Joy to forget about you, but we all know that our true love is always hard to forget."
I feel myself getting red as a tomato. He just confessed that I was his true love!

Charlie's POV~

We finished dinner and Mahogany told me that nobody was home so I offered her to come to my place so we could have a drink and talk about stuff and she agreed.
I drove to my place and we both went in and sat on the couch and talked.

We were talking about all the fun stuff we did together.
"You remember that time we went to DisneyWorld?" I ask.
Mahogany gasps.
"That was literally the best day of my life."
We both laughed and I stared at her smiling. She had a hair in her face so I brushed it back.
I stared at her and she stared back. We stayed like this for a long time before she looked away.
"Why are you staring at me?" She asked.
"Because I missed you." I explain.
Out eyes lock again and before I know it I'm getting closer to her and she is getting closer to me. Before I know it my lips are touching her lips.
We start kissing and...well I can't tell you the rest. A man has to have secrets of his own, right?