Chapter 13

2 years later

Charlie's POV~

I am moving back to New York today. I thought I could find Mahogany here in California, but I eventually gave up. I feel like 7 years ago. I'm not with Mahogany, I'm packing to go to New York. Somehow, I always manage to move like this. Lonely and I have no idea of what is waiting for me in New York.

I close the last box and go downstairs to put it with the rest of the boxes. My mom is at the kitchen making me a road snack for the trip. Last time I ate airplane snacks, it almost cost me half of what my ticket cost.

My mom comes in the living room and gasps at the sight of all the boxes and luggage.

"Charlie." She says covering her mouth almost about to cry. "I can't believe you're leaving again."

I set the box down and go hug her.

"I wish I could stay," I start. "But I have a job and a life at Nee York."

She nods with tears coming down her cheeks.

"We'll miss you." Nora says leaning on the door frame.

I look at her with anger. I still haven't forgotten the time that Nora slammed me against the wall and almost choked me to death.
...
We are on the road and I can start seeing the airplanes so close to the ground that you could practically see every detail of the plane. We were close to the airport. Once we got to the airport, Nora parked near the doors and I got off.

"You need help with your luggage?" She asked.

"No." I said coldly.

I slammed the door and opened the back door. I got out 1...2...3 luggage. I closed the back door and started walking to the doors. Nora was waiting for me at the doors with a luggage carrier. I put the luggage on that and start moving inside.

"You will be missed." Nora says behind me.

"Of coarse." I said sarcastically.

"Charlie." She started.

I stopped walking and turned to her.

"What?" I spit.

"Listen, I'm sorry with all that happened the other day." She says.

"I'm not mad of that." I says. "I'm mad that you purposely separated me and Mahogany."

"You're still not over that?" Nora asks.

"No! I'm not!" I shout. "Mahogany was the only person I was happy with and you took that away from me!"

There was a long silence between us.

"Charlie...I." She started but I interrupted her.

"Just, cut it." I said. "You want make anything better."

I walk in the AirPort and i saw Nora getting in the car and drive back home.
...
I woke up the next day with the annoying sound of my alarm clock. It was time for me to get up and get ready for the photo shoot. I get up and brush my teeth. There's no time to eat breakfast.

"Do you want room cleaning?" I hear a voice.

I turn around and see the cleaning lady.

"Yes please." I say grabbing my coat and walking outside my penthouse.

I walk to my office which is just one block away. I walk in and Marsha greets me.

"Good Morning Mr. Parnell." She greets.

"Good Morning, Marsha." I greet back. "Any mail for me?"

"As your first day back, you'd be surprised that you do." She says. "It's in your office."

I nod and go in the elevator and press the button '45'. The elevator start going up and makes a 'ding' sound once I'm at floor 45. I enter and go to my office which is the room straight ahead. I enter it and the smell of humidity and dust hits me. I haven't been here in 2 years so the smell doesn't surprise me. I look at my desk and see a big box on it. I leave my coat on the hanger and walk up to my desk. I set my coffee down and the box has a note on it.

I'm sorry you couldn't hear anything about me the past 2 years. I'm not going to say who I am, but the pictures may give away who I am.

I take the note off and open the box. Inside there's pictures of Mahogany and me, but there's something wrong with these pictures. Mahogany's face is scratched off in all the pictures. At the very bottom there's another note saying:

Surprise! I'm not Mahogany. Can you guess who I am? If I were you, I would watch my back. You don't want to be with me? Fine. You'll regret it.

I throw the note and i throw the pictures in the fire. Joy is mad at me for not being with her. She may be here without me even knowing it. I may have to live watching my back now, for the rest of my life.

Mahogany's POV~

I wake up with kisses on my neck. I open my eyes and see Derek smiling at the sight of me awake.

"Derek, stop." I say.

He laughs.

"You know you like it." He says.

"I do, but not now. Please?"

"I'll make breakfast." He says.

I see him go to the kitchen and then I get up and go to the bathroom to see how I look. I get to the mirror and gasp when I see my reflection. I look literally like a zombie. I start the shower, undress and get in. I take 5 minute showers when I'm in a good mood. I'll take from 40-1 hour if I'm in a bad mood, which would be rare days.

I get out of the shower and walk to our room to get dressed. I put on a grey shirt with a black short and a brown necklace. I walk to the kitchen and see that Derek is making pancakes. I start making a chocolate milk shake with some bananas. Derek gags when he sees me putting bananas in there.

"It'll be good." I say.

He shakes his head in disagreement.

"Just shut up and keep doing the pancakes." I joke.

I don't hear a response. I turn around and see that he's not there anymore. He's not anywhere.

"Derek?" I say.

I suddenly feel someone picking me up and carrying me all around the room. I scream at the shock of him. He lets me fall on the sofa and starts tickling me.

"Dereck....stop." I say in between laughs.

He stops and kisses me.

"