Chapter 2

Joy's POV~

Charlie and I have been in Cali for 2 weeks now. To be honest, I miss New York. I was born and raised there so I miss NYC. Good thing we will only be here 2 more weeks.
Everyone has been good to me. Especially Nora. I've created a bond with her and we almost look like Best Friends. She has been telling me funny stories of when Charlie lived here. She also told me that Charlie dated a girl called Mahogany. They dated for about 4 years. They did love each other, but they broke up for a misunderstanding. I have to admit, I am a little jealous. They dated for 4 years and Charlie and I have only been dating about 2. I know he still remembers her because sometimes she called me Mahigany instead of Joy. I never questioned that he dated someone named Mahogany, but I didn't know they had a very cute relationship. They took a lot of photos too. Mrs. Parnell had more than 500 pics of them together. They look cute together, looked.
Mrs. Parnell called us to eat so all the Parnell's and future Parnell (me) came to the table.
We began to eat and I was in between Mrs. Parnell and Charlie.
We were all talking but there was a moment where there was an awkward silence. I took advantage to ask about this so called Mahogany.
"So," I started saying. "Where does this Mahogany live?"
Charlie stops eating when I say Mahogany. Nora looks at Charlie and then at me. I know I should have not asked that, but now I already asked it.
Charlie faked coughed.
"Who told you about Mahogany?" Asked Charlie.
I looked around before answering.
"Well everyone has been telling me about her." I answer.
Charlie looked at everyone with a angry look.
"Can I talk to you outside?" Asked Charlie standing up.
"Don't worry," I say as I stop Charlie. "I'm not jealous. I just want to know."
Charlie stares at me and sits down.
"Well then," he says. "If you say so."
We all eat on silence again, but I still want to know about Mahogany.
"So," I say getting everyone's attention. "Where does she live."
Everyone looks around to see who knows.
"She," says Mrs. Parnell. "She lives in Country Side. It's a town about 5 minutes from here."
I nod.
"Mom," says Nora.
"How did you know." Interrupts Charlie.
Mrs. Parnell takes a deep breath.
"I've been in contact with her." She answers.
Charlie turns red because he is furious.
"What?" Asks Mrs. Parnell. "That you're separated from her doesn't mean that I should be away from her."
"I'm not mad, mom" says Charlie.
"Who said you were?" Asks Mrs. Parnell honestly.
Charlie closes his eyes and cleans her mouth with a napkin.
"I'm full," he says getting up. "It was delicious mother. Thank you."
He placed his plate at the sink and walks out the house.
Everyone looks at me and I know what to do.
"I'll go talk to him." I say as I get up.

Charlie's POV~

I sit at the same chair I say the last day I saw Mahogany. I want to cry, but I fight away the tears. I miss Mahogany. I really do, but I'm with Joy now. I need to look at her now and I can't live thinking about a girl I forgot about already.
I'm thinking about what to do when I hear the door open. I look and see that it's Joy. She gets close to me and puts her head on my shoulder.
"You ok?" She asks.
I take a while to answer.
"I don't know." I answer. "A lot of information about Mahogany at once can kill me."
Joy laughs and I join her.
"You still love her." She says.
I turn to see her and she looking at me.
"You can leave me so you can get back with her, if you want." She says.
"Oh, babe," I says and kiss her. "I would never leave you. Mahogany was a part of my life, but now you are all I can think of."
She smiles and we both look at the park in front of my house.
I see a women playing with a boy about 5 years old. The women faces forward but she is looking to the ground helping the boy get up the stairs to get to the slide.
She looks like Mahogany. Everyone has been looking like Mahogany to me lately. Maybe I miss her this much.
I close my eyes and open them again, but the women still looks like Mahogany.
"I'm going inside." Joy says.
"Ok, babe." I says still looking at the women.
The lady looks at me and stops everything she's doing. We make eye contact for about 3 seconds and then he takes the boy and walks away.
I get up and cross the road and try to catch up with the lady.
"Excuse me!" I shout. The lady turns and when she sees me, she starts to walk faster.
"Please stop!" I shout. She stops and turns around.
"Please," she says. "I don't want to talk right now.
"You're Mahogany, aren't you?" I ask.
She stares at me before answering.