Chapter 4

Mahogany's POV~

Anna and I finished the dresses so we have 1 hour to take fresh air and do whatever we want. I don't feel very well so i'll porobably reschedule the fashion show to tomorrow. I think I have a fever or something. This is actually very normal because I get sick because of the stress, but I know this is not because i'm stressed. It's because of Charlie.

Charlie now knows that I still live here in California. I would have probably moved about 3 years ago, but I don't want t leave the beautiful California. Plus, Scott is here and I just love him.
Now I have to worry abou two things. My fashion show and Charlie coming to visit.

I go out the designing room and go to my room. My room is next to my designing room so it isn't far away. Now, I remembered that I told you guys I was going to tell you about my room so I will.

Mr room is white with a combination of Grey, black, and a little of purple(image at the right or at the top). It has a bed in the middle and it's a matrimonial bed so it is pretty big. It has a gorgeous chandalier as the light. Well that's probably all the explaining i'll do of my room because you have the image to show you how my room is. One more thing, when I look out the windows i can see the pool at the back at the house. My bedroom is probably what I like most of the whole house...and the designing room too.

I look out the window and look at the pool. I imagine me and Charlie five years ago, playing Marco Polo and he scaring me by jumping on my and slpashing me into the pool. Charlie gave kisses that you will never forget. I know this will sound awkward, but he has like a talent for it. When he kissed you, you knew if it was agood news kiss or a bad news kiss. The last kiss I gave him was a bad news kiss. And I have regreted that everyday for the last 5 years.

Charlie's POV~

I am back at the house and I have been trying to avoid Joy so she doesn't ask where I have been for the last hour. When Anna left from the park I walked to the pond that was about 5 minutes from the park. The pond is a very important place for me and Mahogany. Or, at least for me. That's where I met Mahogany 10 years ago. She was a photographer and was taking pictures of the pond. I came and sat at the bench next to her. I was at one end and she was at the other. I was actually aiting for my girlfriend (at the time i had another girlfriend). She came 1 hour later, but that gave me enough time to know her. I broke up with my other girlfriend and decided to ask Mahogany out. She decided to wait 3 more years so she could be old enough to have a boyfriend.

Now, back at home. I didn't want to tell Joy that I went to the pond because then she would want to go to the pond and that is my special place. I don't want to share it with anyon, but Mahogany.Anyways, I went to the kitchen because dinner was ready. Mom told me that Joy went out with Nora to shop so thats good because I won't have to avoid Joy for a long time.
I started eating, but them I didn't feel like eating so I stopped. Mom seemed to notice so she was concerned about me.

"Charlie?" mom asked.

i looked up.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm having some girl problems." I say hoping that she thinks those problems are because of Joy and not becuase of Mahogany.

"But you havn't been neer Mahogany in the last 2 weeks, honey." she says. "What girl problems."

Oh no. She knew it was about Mahogany. Well, might as well come out naturally.

"Well," i say. "I want to see he, but I don't know how she will react and how Joy will react."

she looks at me. And stands up.

"Stay here," she says. "I have a picture to show you."

Awesome! Mom has a picture for this. Believe it or not, mom always has a picture for every bad occasion.
She comes back and sits down. She gives me a picture of me and a little girl dressed with a white dress with 3 black buttons and a red scarf. It made her look like a snowman.

"This was your first Christmas," mom explains.

I smile. I know exactly who the girl is.

"It was also the day you had your first kiss." she says.

I turn and see her with a surprised face and then I look back at the picture and smile.

"Do you know who that girl is?" mom asks.

"It's Mahogany, right?" i say.

"Yes," she says. "You can't be like this forever, hun. Mahogany has been part of your life ever since your first Christmas."

I know this should be a touching moment, but only one question comes to me.

"Mom?" i say. "How come when I saw Mahogany at the bench in the pond I didn't even recognize her? I didn't even know her."

My mom's smile fades.

"Well, Charlie." mom stays. "We knew Natalie and Nash because of our friends Chad and Stephanie. They had a big fight and we lost contact with them, but the day you came back of the pond saying that you met a beautiful girl called Mahogany Grier, we knew that we would have contact with them again."

"It was like meant to be mom." i say getting up. "If Mahogany and I met at our first christmas and then lost contact and then I met her in the pond. That means I am meant to be with her."

I run outside and get in my car. I need to see Mahogany.