Chapter 14

Mahogany's POV~

Today I have a photo shoot. Some weird photographer wants to take pictures of some models with my dresses so I have to wake up at 3 a.m. To get all the dresses ready. The photographer calls himself Mr. P. I'm sure he's a person that's called Gastone and brags about his riches to every woman that passes by.

Anyways, her manager contacted me so I have to go to the biggest building in New York. It's actually the 2nd. The first one are the twin towers.

I start driving and at about 7 a.m. I receive a call from the manager, again.

"Hello?" I respond.

"Ms. Grier we are calling to ask if you are coming to the photo shoot." The person says.

"I am." I say as I park at the building. "I'm literally parking in front of the building."

"Mhm." She says. "I can see you from the office."

I look up and start looking for a person staring at the window.

"Please stop searching and come to the top floor, please." She says.

I felt stupid.

"Sorry," I say. "I'll be there in a minute."

I end the call and enter the building. I see a familiar person at the reception desk.

"Joy?" I ask.

She looks up and frowns at me.

"Look who's here." She says.

"I'm here for a photoshoot." I say.

She nods.

"Charlie is at floor-" she starts but I cut get off.

"Charlie?" I ask confused. "Oh no. You misunderstood this. I'm here for a photoshoot with Mr. P, not Charlie."

She laughs.

"Suit yourself." She says pointing to the elevator. "Top floor."

I nod and walk to the elevator. It opens and I go in and press the button that says 'top floor'. I wave to Joy and she gives me a devilish smile.

"Watch your back." She says. "I got you."

The doors start to close and when they are about to close I hear her say.

"Literally."
...
I got to the top floor and saw that there was a reception desk, another one.

I went and asked the person for Mr. P. She nodded at me and asked for name.

"Mahogany Grier." She says.

The lady looks up at me and smiles. Does Mr. P know that it's you?" She asks.

This is really confusing me. Everyone has been acting strange here. Or do they act like this all the time?

"I'm not sure, but I'm sure her manager is." I respond with a smile.

She grins and looks back at her computer.

"Please take a seat." She says. "I'll tell Mr. That you're here."

I sit down and I feel her eyes following me until I sit down. When I sit down I see that she carefully lifts up the phone.

"She's here, Ms. Margaret." She whispers to the phone.

She sets the phone down and continues working. After what seemed forever, the elevator doors open and a person with a wild sense of style and some gold glasses and goes to the front desk.