Chapter 6

Mahogany's POV~

The last thing I remember is passing out in he park. When I wake up I'm in a room. It is black with some hunting stuff all over the room. The door is closed and at the back of the door is a picture of me and Charlie about 6 or 7 years ago. Charlie's mom used to have a photographer follow us all over town to take photos of us. At the beginning it was kind of awkward having a photographer following us around and taking pictures of us kissing, but 4 months later it became normal. By the picture behind the door I'm guessing this is Charlie's room.

I get up and sit on the bed. The door opens and Charlie comes in.
"Hey, Mahogany." He says closing the door behind him.
"What am I doing here?" Ignoring his greeting.
"Aren't you going to greet back?" He says.
I stare at him with my 'evil' look.
"Fine," he says. "You passed out and people where staring at you so I brought you home and here you are."

I stare at the picture on the door.

"What about your girlfriend?" I ask.
He looks concerned at me.
"Have you been spying on me?" He says.
I look at him.
"Does it seem like I'm spying you?" I say. "Your a famous designer. There are pictures of you and your girlfriend all over the magazines."
Charlie then remembers.
"Right," he says. "I forgot we're in California."

I stare at him and he stares back at me. Our eyes lock. It feel uncomfortable, but I don't want to end it. Then I remember about all the stuff I still have to do and I look away and stand up.
"I have to go." I say.
He stands up too.
"Yeah," he says. "You should probably get going. Joy will be here any minute now."
I get to the door and touch the framed picture of me and him.
I was going to say something to Charlie, but then I opened the door and drived home.

Charlie's POV~

I watch Mahogany leave and then sit on the couch and listen to the silence. About 5 minutes later, Joy and Nora come in with more than 20 shopping bags.
"Was there a 50% discount?" I ask.
"No," Nora says. "But there was cute stuff."
I shake my head.
"We saw Mahogany." Joy says.
I look at her.
"How do you know who she is?" I ask.
"Nora told me." Says Joy. "We saw her on a stop light and she was coming from around here. Did she come here?"
"Of coarse not!" I say.
Joy smiles.

"What's this?" Asks Nora with Mahogany's wallet.
"Where did you find it?" I ask.
"In your room," answers Nora.
Joy looks at me with a angry look.