21. Gukkie

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" asked the woman with furrowed brows. "They are only three-year-old kids after all. They shouldn't be going around in the city alone."

She searched for her husband in the reflection of the mirror while she combed her hair all over again and again at the makeup-table, as if it would calm her nerves down. It obviously did not.

"They won't be alone" laughed a male voice as an answer from the wardrobe. "Dear, this is just a kindergarten trip, and they won't be going to the other half of the word either, only the zoo. They will be practically just a few corners away from us."

The dad stepped into the room while he toiled with his bow and planted a quick kiss on the to of his wife's head.

"I hope you don't mind that you have to bring them alone. I didn't expect that I'll have to go earlier to the office today, but that's that."

"Still, say goodbye to the boys, okay?" stood the woman up, and helped the other tie the cloth while she rolled her eyes.

"Nothing is going to happen... By the time I get home, they will be here long ago and after they cut into each other's sentences while telling about all the animals' looks, they will fall just as they always do. You know, like rag-dolls."

The mother broke out in a smile for a moment, then the worried wrinkle returned to her forehead. The otherwise young woman seemed so much older like that suddenly, whose delicate features and her straight, shiny black hair got inherited by both of her little boys.

"But my job is to still worry about them. Little kids like them shouldn't be brought on trips yet. What if one of them lets go of the other's hand and gets lost? And if one of them runs out onto the street? Or if they climb into one of the dangerous animals' cage?"

"That definitely won't happen" shook his head the man. "They will have like four adults with them, the kindergartens know what they do, and they can't go into the cages. Everything will go smoothly. But I have to hurry, Dear."

Grabbing his briefcase from the desk, the dad rushed out from the room, leaving his snorting wife behind. He quickly stepped into the kids' room, where one-one heap laid in the beds under the deep blue colored, star patterned ceiling.

"Papa?" the question came from under the closest heap, and the man stepped closer with a smile to give his son a quick peck.

"Be nice today, Gyeomie. Listen to the teacher, and don't lose your bag, alright?"

"Okay" mumbled the little boy sleepily and leaned back onto the bed when his dad released him from his embrace.

The man stepped to the other heap quickly, where his other son – who practically looked like the previous – was asleep on his stomach. He probably kicked the blanket off of himself during the night as it laid on the floor neglected, while the boy's light blue pajama slid up on his back and legs too.

"Gukkie" the little one's shoulder blade got completely covered by the hand placed on it, what seemed strangely big compared to the other's small body.

The little boy didn't move an inch, just continued to sleep peacefully, his face pushed into the pillow. His mouth made free entrance to the bugs, while a puddle of saliva formed on the thin material under him.

"Jungkook" the man gently shook his shoulder, but the three-year-old still hadn't stepped out of the world of dreams even at that.

"Jungkookie sleepy sleep" giggled Yugyeom from the other bed.