42. Weeks

Jungkook flopped down on the cold sheets tiredly in the unfamiliar room, not even bothering to raise the blanket up.

"Did the road back home tire you out?" his mother smiled at him. The boy still found the love glittering obviously in the black eyes unbelievable. They had just met each other a few days ago...

Jungkook nodded silently.

"Feel free to sleep a bit, everything else here can wait" the woman took another blanket out from the drawer and put that on the boy, so he didn't have to get up.

"Thank you" mumbled Jungkook, to which his mother kissed his forehead and leave the room.

She left the door ajar, so the light of the living room filtered inside slightly. Jungkook's skin burned where his mom's lips touched him, bringing the urge to rub that place, but the boy held himself back. He didn't want the feeling to disappear. He closed his eyes for a moment, hoping that sleep would overcome him immediately, but he had to admit after a few seconds that that was unfortunately not likely. This place was too unfamiliar, too cold and he reached to the point in tiredness that he was too tired to sleep too.

He looked around the room. On the dark shelves, mangas and neatly lined action figures were placed, notebooks and writing tools were on the desk, sports teams' and girl groups' posters hung on the walls. Fluorescent stars shone slightly on the ceiling.

It was exactly the place that Jungkook imagined as a teenager boy's room.

"What's up?" peeked Yugyeom inside through the crack of the door when he saw that his brother was lying on the bed wide awake and walked inside. "You can't sleep?"

"Not really" admitted Jungkook with a shy grimace. "I'm sleepy though."

"Me too" cracked his neck to other. "I think I'll lie down a bit too, I'll have to go to school tomorrow anyway."

Jungkook nodded, glancing at the other bed next to his, where neatly made dark blue bedsheet laid.

Yugyeom however, instead of using his own bed, pulled the blanket up beside his brother. The boy got a bit relieved from the feeling of the other snuggling up to him, bringing all of his body heat with him, and his muscly arms which instantly found their way around his own waist. Jungkook's back became pleasantly hot as the other got closer.

"Comfy?" asked the boy, making him hum. How wouldn't it be comfortable to rest next to his twin?

Both of them became silent, and Jungkook noticed that the pleasant warmness, the other's even breathing and the thought that he wasn't alone completely calmed him now. He only had to do as much of closing his eyes.

*

At first, Jungkook and his dad avoided each other as much they could. The man was always kind to him, always welcomed him with a smile, even though it took days for the boy to change his nod called as a greeting to a quiet "hello". The other wasn't home much, so Jungkook usually felt comfortable in the house, which he just started to discover. A lot of times he didn't know which object was what for, what he could touch without consent. Even figuring out which bottle he needed to use when or how he could make hot water from cold in the shower, but he didn't have enough courage to ask these questions. It was awkward enough that he couldn't use chopsticks properly, as he only got hold of them so rarely; so, his mom searched his practice chopsticks out from the bottom of the drawer from his childhood, which had a funny silicone character between the two sticks to help him with eating. He still had to start from somewhere...

However, when his dad was home, he, after one quick greeting, locked himself up in his shared room with Yugyeom, and didn't come out of there as long as the man was in one of the common rooms.