27. The convicted

Everyone was waiting in silence for the boy to finally start talking.

When Jimin stepped into the room, everyone was already there. Seokjin was sitting in one of the corners behind his desk. It was his usual place when he wanted to work and be with the others at the same time. Namjoon and Taehyung sat next to each other on one of the sofas, leaving the other one empty – maybe for Jimin – but as he closed the door with his head hanging low, the boy simply leaned against the wall and stayed there.

The teen wiped his nose, sniffed, and opened his mouth to say something, but his words betrayed him. How on Earth was he supposed to get started about all this?

However, time was rushing him, so the boy took a deep breath, zipped his bag open and as carefully as he could with his shaking fingers, he pulled the vial with the orange liquid out.

The air in the room froze.

The others stared at the test tube with widened eyes.

"This..." Seokjin clearly couldn't find the right words, and instead just jumped up from his chair without stepping further from his desk.

"But how? And why? There... There is no way to get into the closed unit"

Jimin carefully smiled, putting a mask on. With shoes squelching from the rain he walked to the man and put the tube on his table, then reaching into his bag, he put the other next to it.

"Chimmy..."

"I'm sorry" the other cut in looking up at the man, then turning to the others. "For a while, I thought that I was acting right with bringing these to the people who want them."

"Okay, I don't understand anything" crossed his arms in front of his chest Namjoon and bent forward on the sofa with furrowed brows. "Are these really what we think they are?"

Jimin nodded.

"I've got my memories back, Hyung..." he whispered faintly, while another awkward silence filled the room, and Jimin saw the disbelieve in Taehyung's plate-sized eyes even if he didn't dare to look directly at him.

"I..."

Tell them, let them see the monster you really are.

"I think I know who killed your parents." He couldn't stop his tears from falling anymore. Our parents.

The others remained silent. Maybe too silent.

"I don't understand this" whispered Seokjin after some long seconds.

Jimin took a deep breath. He didn't know where he was supposed to start and finish his story, or that how much he should tell, so he just let the words pour out of him.

"I grew up on a gangster site, who collected kids to have resupply and to send them out on the streets to steal and play beggars."

The boy's knees shook at the thought of these sentences leaving his mouth. They weren't allowed to talk about the Estate, and even though nobody would know what he was doing at the moment, he still felt like an adult could jump out of a shadow and shoot him on the head before he could continue.

"Ever since I know, I've been doing this. I steal things and do anything they ask me to do. And when they got to know that I've been here, they told me to steal these." He told the story in a nutshell. He only had a few minutes to get back to the taxi.

"But still, how could you do that?!" hit the table the eldest man, making Jimin flinch and step back towards the door.

"Exactly! After I told you everything..." Namjoon stood up from his place too. "I thought you understood that our parents died for these vials. And you would give them over by your free will, because... Because they told you to? How did you... How did you even get into the lab? Those locks can't be hacked."