23. Goodbye

Jimin awoke with pleasant numbness, in that happy doziness when his brain was still halfway on the fields of dreams, and the burden of trouble had not broken him in full force. He loved these moments the most in his whole life, but now it was much more perfect than ever, because his head rested on something hard but comfortable and he didn't even have to open his eyes to know what it was.

He recognized the boy just by his scent. He couldn't have been able to say which flower he was reminded to by the pleasant scent, but it was like ambrosia for him, that secured the immortality of the Greek mythology's gods. Sweet, tasty, mixed with some kind of branded perfume and men's shampoo. When Jimin was wrapped in this scent, he always felt like he returned home.

To the arms of Taehyung.

The boy started to stretch, like a cat after a good afternoon's nap, to which a soft chuckle shook the chest which he was resting his head on.

"Good morning Sunshine" smiled Taehyung down to him playfully.

"When did I fall asleep?" The whole day seemed a bit blurry in Jimin's head, but the distressing memories had successfully gotten back to him.

"Like... Three hours ago. In the middle of a sentence."

"Oh" The boy's face shone in red.

"You're sick, this is how it goes..." caressed his hair Tae, and Jimin only understood it now what it was like when someone looked at him with stars in their eyes, like he was their everything. Why on earth did he have to leave this wonderful boy? Life was cruel, but he wished that he were the only one in this relationship who it was cruel with...

"But now... Do you want to have dinner? I know, you're supposed to rest, but maybe a half an hour won't do damage."

Jimin smiled sadly because that was just how he planned this. He wanted to see everyone one last time before he left. And maybe eat from the meal Seokjin made one last time...

Tae intervened their arms as they walked down the stairs. Of course, he didn't need support, but it felt good to have someone care for him that much. Downstairs Jisoo was laying the table, not caring about the others seeing her in round glasses, without makeup and in gray oversized hoodie. Seokjin brought the dinner in on trays, and Jimin still found foods on them with his eyes that he hadn't tried before. The man's storehouse was endless. Jin was dressed similar to his wife, and he put glasses on his nose too. Jimin could only be glad for his own clear vision, because at the Estate he would have been sentenced to death if he would've needed glasses, as their making was out of reach there.

Namjoon sat at the table, with the day's newspaper in hand, like a twenty-six-year-old grandpa. Jimin always had to smile at the view, as the serious but still comical man browsed the articles with furrowed brows. It was too adult-like for him, even if he was actually one.

"Debussy?" asked Min Yoongi in front of one of the shelves from the other side of the room, to which the doctor started to shake his head. The composer put the disc back to its place with a bored expression and pulled the next one out. They played this a lot of times before they would sit down to eat.

"Satie?"

"Hmm, what?"

"Gymnopédies."

"I like that" said Seokjin suddenly. "Let's listen to that."

Yoongi shrugged, and pulled the Bakelite out, then placed it on the player carefully, and put the needle on the disk.

Familiar piano sound filled the dining room, but Jimin had no clue where he'd heard the piece before. it might had been Yoongi who played it to him before, or it could've been played in one of the shopping centers' radio while he robbed someone.