twenty four

third person 

warning: smut

-

Evan called, just like he promised. The two conversed for two and a half hours before they decided it was time for both of them to call it quits and go to bed. 

One phone call quickly turned into daily calls and texts, and eventually a first date after a few months of talking and friendship. They both decided they wanted to take things slow, because Alina was still focusing on school and Evan wanted to focus on his job, too. 

One date turned into multiple, and Alina had become like family to the 118. All of the amazing firefighters and paramedics that worked there were definitely so warm and welcoming, always loving when she payed them a visit between calls. She sometimes even brought the whole station some baked goods, seeing as they all loved when she baked them something special. 

Alina and Evan constantly had stolen kisses when they thought nobody was looking, and damn was he a hell of a kisser. He constantly took Alina's breath away, in the best way possible. Being with Evan was like a breath of fresh air to her. She didn't feel trapped with him like she did with Peter in the last few months of their seemingly toxic relationship. Evan was aware of Alina's ex, why she left Texas, and the kid her ex had with another ex of his. He knew it was a touchy subject for her, but he slowly helped her get over the whole situation fully. Evan was an amazing man-- almost too good to be true in Alina's mind. But, she knew she couldn't think about that. This thing she had with Evan was amazing, and she didn't want to fuck anything up. She owed this one good thing to herself. 

It was about six months into them dating when Evan decided to finally make it official and ask Alina to finally be his. Alina couldn't help but think from time to time how different Evan was from Peter. She didn't constantly compare them, but it was small things here and there she noticed Evan did that Peter never did for her. Then again, It's been almost two years since she'd seen Peter. People grow up, they change, and what him and Alina had was just merely puppy love. The way she feels with Evan was completely different than what she felt with Peter. Evan was... so manly, so much of a gentleman that it sometimes truly throws her off guard. Evan was a bit older than her (by four years), but that didn't stop her from falling for him harder every single day that passed. 

A year after that, Alina finally finishes schooling and becomes a certified diagnostic medical sonographer. Giselle finished with schooling as well, graduating nursing school. Giselle and Alina both got different apartments after they graduated, still living about fifteen minutes from one another. They both ended up moving in with their significant others. With each passing day, it felt like Evan and Alina's relationship grew even stronger, the two so in love that it made others want to be disgustingly in love like they were. Things were finally going great for everyone, even for everyone Giselle and Alina left back in Texas. Alina and Giselle both got their careers established, becoming quickly respected in both their fields of work. 

It was another sunny day in Los Angeles, the fresh spring air putting a little pep in Alina's step that day. The firehouse had invited her to a dinner, but what she didn't know was there was a  tiny velvet box that was burning a hole in Evan's pocket. He told the whole firehouse how he planned to propose to Alina after almost four years of knowing and loving the "most beautiful woman in the world" as he liked to claim it. No one in the firehouse ever believed Evan would get married someday, mainly because before he'd met Alina, he had a hell of a playboy reputation. Evan never wanted to settle down. He was always so into the one night stands, and the adrenaline of someone new every so often. But, when Alina came along, Evan did a complete 180. He fell head over heels for the sweet woman, fast. So fast that it actually scared him at first, but it turned into something greater than he could've ever imagined.