five

Alina

-

A few days had passed since the football game, and Giselle was now back from their grandma's. My nervousness and anxiety was at an all-time high. When Giselle was gone, Peter and I were all over each other. Not in a physical way (if you don't count the constant make-out sessions), but in an affectionate and loving way. As soon as she got back though, we kept our hands and eyes off of each other. It literally physically hurt not being able to touch him or run my fingers through his hair.

Peter and I had talked about how we were going to tell Giselle, because he knew I couldn't keep it from her any longer. We decided we were going to tell her today after school, and I felt like puking. I hadn't ever been this nervous for something in my entire life.

I just didn't want to disappoint her, but I was prepared to face the worst. She could either be super happy for us both, or she could hate me and never want to talk to me again. The thought of that was completely nerve wracking, but I pushed the possibility aside for now.

It was the last class of the day, and Giselle's interest was piqued when I told her I had to talk to her about something important. She'd been begging me to tell her all day, but I refused to even look at her while she asked because I knew her happiness with me wasn't going to last very long.

I sighed as I gathered my things as the final bell rang, sluggishly walking to my locker. Peter was walking down the hall and our eyes locked, and he smiled. My heart skipped a beat at the sight. He ran his fingers through his curly hair, making it more disheveled than it already was. We met at my locker, knowing we only had a brief moment together before Giselle would see us.

"Hey baby," He said softly, but loud enough for only me to hear.

"Hi." I smiled, taking a deep breath.

"Just relax okay? She'll know by the end of today. I know it's tough but I'll be right by your side when we tell her." He reassures me, giving my arm a little squeeze. I thanked God that he didn't have football practice today, so I didn't have to wait two hours without him.

Giselle walked up to us and furrowed her eyebrows, looking at Peter's hand on my arm. He immediately dropped it and I turned around, facing my best friend. I wanted to cry.

"What's going on?" She asked, looking between the two of us.

"Nothing." Peter says, shrugging his shoulders so casually. God, I wish I had his confidence at the moment.

"Um, okay," She gives her brother a look, then averts her undivided attention back to me. "So what did you need to talk to me about?" Her eyebrows raise in interest, and I freeze.

"U-h... not here." I say quietly, and she squints at me.

"What the hell has been going on with you lately? You've been so jumpy and nervous whenever I'm around. It's like you're hiding something," Just then, she stills and her mouth opens. She looks between Peter and I for what seems like forever, and she shakes her head. "I should've fucking known." She's laughing now, and I squeeze my eyes shut. I wanted to disappear.

"You're with my brother. Aren't you?" Her tone is harsh, making we wince. She took me not answering her as definite confirmation. "How long?" She asks, crossing her arms over her stomach. She's giving us both the death stare now.

"Two weeks." Peter answers this time, looking his sister dead in the eye. I could've sworn they were about to have a showdown.

"Un fucking believable. We make one pact and you can't even abide by it?! The least you could've told me was that you liked him! And you." She points at Peter, "You couldn't stay away from my best friend could you? You two are absolutely ridiculous." I saw anger and hurt in her eyes, and she walks right past us, brushing Peter's arm.