one

I looked outside of the big glass window, sighing to myself as the aroma of coffee filled my nostrils. I was doing what all the cliché's did during fall time - grab a warm cup of coffee while working on school work or catching up with a friend.

In this case, it was both. My best friend Giselle was supposed to have met me here nearly ten minutes ago so we could work on our project for English class together.

You see, Giselle and I have been attached at the hip since we both could remember. We've been inseparable our whole lives. There's not one thing that she doesn't know about me and vice versa.

Well, all except one thing...

I have a forbidden crush on her older brother, Peter. I'm undoubtedly aware that this can cause tremendous problems for everyone here. So, I decide to sit quiet and let my eyes linger a second too long without her noticing me.

Let me take you back to when it started... last summer.

It was a hot summer day in San Antonio. Giselle had invited me over for a little pool party, just so we could hang out and eat delicious barbecue after cooling off in the water. The thing was, Giselle and I had been going to the gym for the past few months to get our summer bodies, and we both definitely worked our asses off. The results definitely showed, hence me feeling a little bit more confident within myself. I finally had purchased my first bikini, and, well, I looked damn good. I stayed humble about it though, of course.

What I didn't know that day was Giselle's older brother, Peter, was coming back from football camp that day.

He truly was an attractive sight - brown, curly hair with bright brown eyes that instantly captivated your undivided attention, nice, plump lips and a bright white smile that could sway any girl. Not to mention, his body was killer. He definitely had the charm and his arrogant ass knew he could pull all the girls.

I'd always thought he was attractive, but I truly never thought about being with him or anything of the sort.

Besides, Giselle and I made a pact that we wouldn't date each other's family members (siblings, cousins etc.) just for the sake of a drama free realm. So, needless to say, Peter was off limits.

But, for some reason, that day changed the way I looked at him possibly forever. He had unexpectedly come home at least a few days early, even to his family's surprise. I was just about to dive off of the diving board when I heard the glass door to the backyard slide open and shut, seeing his tall tan figure standing there to everyone's shock.

My breath immediately caught in my throat, and my eyes darted to his vigorously. His brown eyes were scanning my body up and down, and he licked his lips almost in a seductive way. I immediately felt so insecure about my body, so trying my best to ignore his stares, I successfully dove into the cool water. I resurfaced only to find him standing next to his father who was grilling the food.

Giselle splashed water on me, making me immediately snap out of my stupid daze.

"Girl are you okay? You seem spaced out." She lifted her suspicious eyebrow at me, and I nodded.

"I'm fine, sorry I just dozed off." I played off casually, making myself sound believable.

I don't know what it was that particular day, but my mind just wrapped around one person and one person only: Peter Kavinsky.

-
I resurfaced to reality when I realized my phone was buzzing, revealing Giselle's name displayed across my screen. I picked up the phone without hesitance.