nine

Song of the chapter: The Best Part by H.E.R ft Daniel Caesar

warning: smut

-

Alina

-

It's day three in New York, and I'm absolutely in love. The bright lights, the snow, the atmosphere, the nature and the beauty of everything was almost dream-like. Despite how freezing it was here, it was beautiful and I could wander for hours upon hours in this city. Peter, Lucas, Giselle, Sabrina and I all wandered around the city, trying new food, taking pictures, and living our best lives while we were here.

We were all currently in Times Square, deciding we wanted to get something to eat. We all head into this cozy café, sitting down in a large corner booth.

"What can I get for you guys today?" I spunky young blonde walks up to our table, her eyes immediately landing on Peter. She keeps her eyes on him, but he doesn't seem to notice.

Giselle rolls her eyes and looks at the blonde, who's name appeared to be Jules, and starts to order. She slowly took her eyes off of Peter, scribbling down our orders in her black book.

Before she left the table, she gave Peter another glance before she turned on her heel and headed back into the kitchen.

"She was practically undressing you with her eyes." Giselle huffed, and Lucas and Sabrina agreed.

"Who?" Peter asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Our waitress." I mumble, looking down at my lap. I wasn't the type to get jealous, but seeing her look at Peter like that surely didn't make me happy.

"She was? I honestly didn't even notice." Peter shrugs, and she returns with our drinks. She looks at Peter again and he looks at her, and immediately her cheeks turn a rosy color.

I internally groan as I watch this happen, but I just didn't say anything. Peter turns to me and slings his arm around me, turning my face to his as he gives me a soft, loving kiss. It was surprising, so it took me a second to kiss him back.

I pulled apart after a couple of seconds, and from the corner of my eye, I can see Jules frowning. I smirk to myself as I grab his hand and intertwine it with my own.

The waitress stalks back into the kitchen, and Lucas starts laughing.

"Now that," he pauses, laughing in between his words, "was fucking hilarious. The look on her face was priceless."

Peter grins and brings my hand up to his lips, kissing it softly.

We eat our breakfast slowly, enjoying each other's company. Peter was laughing at some joke that Lucas had made, and Giselle was talking to Sabrina about some clothing store they wanted to check out later. I stared out at the window, watching the hustle and bustle of New York City. Snow started falling, and I was entranced. It was so beautiful.

Just then, all of our phone ringers went off. I looked down at my phone to see what it was, and it turned out to be a text from our chaperones. We had a mass text alert system set up with them, just in case anything happened on this trip.

Looks like it's going to be a heavy snowstorm tonight. Please make your way back to the hotel by 4PM latest. We will be snowed in for the night, however, we did arrange a dinner for you seniors with the hotel staff. Be in the dining hall by 7 PM.

- Lexi

I groaned, frowning at the text.

"We should probably start heading back then." Peter suggests, and we all agree. Our hotel was only a block away from the café we were at. When I looked outside, snowfall had already picked up.