four

|| Song of the chapter: I Like Me Better by Lauv ||

Alina

-

A week had passed, and the whole secretly dating Peter thing was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. He was so sweet to me, and was such a gentleman. He made me feel so beautiful, and everything felt so natural with him. He always made sure I was comfortable, and he truly let me be myself with no judgement.

I was so happy.

I hadn't felt happiness like this in such a long time, and now that I have it, it was truly overwhelming.

It was an early Friday morning when my doorbell rang. I had just woken up to get ready for school, and I knew both of my parents were long gone to work by now. I sluggishly got out of bed, making my way downstairs. I truly didn't care about my attire, which happened to be a long sleeve shirt and sweats with fuzzy socks, because it was too damn early. Five forty-five to be exact. I opened the door, shocked to see Peter standing at the door.

"Peter? What- What are you doing here?" I asked, stepping aside to let him in.

"What, I can't come see my favorite girl?" He asks, closing the door. He wraps his arms around me and kisses me on top of my forehead, making me smile.

"Why so early?" I ask, covering my mouth as I yawn. He didn't need to experience my morning breath.

"I just thought I'd surprise you." He smiles softly down at me, and I can't help but grin up at him. He was the sweetest.

"Well, what a lovely surprise." I run my fingers through his hair, grinning like a fool.

Weirdly enough, Peter and I hadn't actually kissed yet. For some reason, he hasn't made the move. I didn't want to ask him about it, only because I didn't want him to feel pressured to make a move. I totally would have, but I was extremely shy when it came to affection. I was as inexperienced as they come. I wanted my first kiss to be nice. Not rushed, sloppy, quick... any of that.

"I'm gonna start getting ready for school, if you want to hang out in my room." I tell him, unwrapping my arms from his body.

"Sure." He says simply, and I intertwine my fingers with his as I lead him up to my room.

As soon as we reach my room, Peter laid himself down on my bed and put both of his hands behind his head as he crossed his legs. He was watching me intently, but I tried to ignore it. I went to my closet to pick out my outfit for today, and since today was the first football game of the season, I ended up picking out a pair of jeans with a white tank top and a sweatshirt with our school's logo on it. I went into my bathroom and closed the door, taking my time to get ready. I had an hour and a half, so I wasn't worried about time.

After I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, I put my hair up into a high ponytail and curled it. I finished it off with a bow that contained our school colors, which were maroon and white.

I walked out of my bathroom and stopped at the sight I saw. Peter was fast asleep, and he looked so peaceful. I quietly made my way over to my closet and put my white converse on, then proceeded to scoot up on my bed so I was next to him. I ran my fingers through his hair slowly, loving the feeling of his soft curls. I kissed his forehead softly, smiling down at my sleeping boy.

"Baby, wake up." I whisper, and he opens his eyes slowly.

"What time is it?" He groggily asks, his voice more raspy than it usually was.

"It's seven. We should get going." I murmur, smiling down at him.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" He gives me a lopsided smile, making me blush. I look away and stand up from my bed.