Will The Wise

[Max POV]

We stood at the back of the school with Mike and Lucas, we had to look for Dart but in the back of my mind I was hoping we wouldn't find him. "Just stop being a pussy and do it already!" Eli said, she really didn't want to be here, but we know the reason why she is. Lucas sighed and dived down into the dumpster, he drew the shortest straw, well, actually Eli did but of course she wouldn't set foot in there, after Eli Dani had the second shortest straw but Lucas offered to do it for her, she didn't want to accept it and make him do it but he insisted he instead of her.

"What the hell is going on?!" Dustin asked coming around the corner.

"What's it look like?" Eli snarked

"We're looking for Dart." Dani said

"Wh-Jesus!" A few bags came flying out of the trash causing us to back up, then Lucas jumped out after landing on his feet. He looked over at Dani who grinned at him, he chuckled and looked down scratching the back of his head, he then looked back up at Dustin and cleared his throat, his face went serious.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally showed up. After I drew the short straw, real convenient."

"Ugh, you smell like shit." Eli said, she left his side and went over to stand by me and Dustin, he looked at her and smiled.

"Hi Eli." He slurred

"Hi?" She looked at him like he was smoking something then turned back to the group.

"Where's Will?"

"He's coming." Mike said, I kinda thought Mike was always rude, well, maybe not rude but strict on his group rules, but then Dani told us there was a girl who was once part of the group named El, that probably explains a lot. Maybe he just really misses her, I know how that feels.

"Well? Chop chop." Lucas said tossing a stick to Dustin, he sighed and we started picking through the trash.

[Dani POV]

Max didn't sleep very well last night, usually it takes until around 4:00 am to get her to sleep, but this time she almost didn't sleep at all, she didn't start dozing until around 6:30 then we had to get up at 7:00 so that was only 30 minutes plus the time I let her sleep in. I have a feeling she was too afraid to sleep, I want to ask her about it but I don't exactly know how to. She's been acting off too, ever since yesterday when Eli let Dart out she was definitely way more quiet.

We sat outside on the back steps during lunch, we didn't have many resources back at the motel, just some peanut butter and bread but there were only two slices of bread left so I decided to just fix a peanut butter sandwich for Max, I know she hasn't eaten much so I wanted to make sure she got something in her stomach, Eli on the other hand had been snacking on Halloween candy for the past few days and would go and by her own food so I wasn't to worried about her, I haven't really been eating much myself but I didn't have a big appetite so I didn't get hungry easily but today Lucas gave me his apple, at least it was something heathier than candy.

"Anything?" Lucas asked as Mike jogged up to the steps.

"We need to talk. A/v room, right now." Mike said, we all gathered our things and stood up going to follow Mike in. "Party members only." He said looking at the three of us.

"Mike." Dustin said

"Come on man." Lucas said throwing his hands up.

"No, this is non-negotiable." He turned and went in.

"Sorry." Dustin apologized following behind Mike. Lucas turned back and looked at me, pure sympathy showed in his eyes before he turned and went in too. I sighed and turned and met eyes with Eli who was glaring.