Another Fight

It was lighter in the cell now, meaning that it must've been morning. Not that it mattered to the inmates. Day or night, nothing changed. No sleeping, no nothing.

     Max laid quietly on the bench, her head in Hoppers lap. Her blue eyes staring forward at the ground. She was waiting. Waiting to meet her demise. She knew it would be painful, but pain was nothing new to her. Mind you, this girl had been impaled multiple times within one of her deaths, of many of course. But this time she was sure it was her end. With no doubt she'd be torn to pieces within' seconds.

     She finally removed her eyes from the ground and looked up at Hopper. His head was back against the wall, his eyes shut. Max was surprised knowing she nor Hopper ever really slept in the cold facility. Occasionally it'd happen on accident, being quick enough for it to go unnoticeable. This was a rare sight for Max, she wished to have the same ability, but being stuck in a cell full of men wasn't a place she'd want to be caught sleeping in. Her point was proven by a whistle coming from nearby. She looked over at a group of prisoners, all of them smiling and whistling at her, a few motioning for her to come over.

     She didn't respond to them being used to these gestures. It wasn't new for her as a young girl in a prison full of men that haven't seen a woman for as long as they haven't seen a bed, maybe even longer than that. And going back to the argument from much earlier, in places like this, a girl was seen as nothing but an object made for cleaning and birthing, not by all, but by most. Especially the ones who run the place. But she luckily had Hopper on her side, knowing he'd take down the first man he'd see lay hands on her. It's happened before.

     For safety she sat up and went to sit on the other side of Hopper, further away from the other men. The big man being used as a buffer to hide behind. Sadly it didn't stop the whistling from getting louder, this time mixed with words. Max couldn't understand any of it but she knew they were obviously catcalling her.

     She peeked over to see half the cell with their eyes on her, a few of them chuckling to one another, that was until one stopped, freezing in his spot. Another looked at him and smacked his shoulder playfully until he looked where the others eyes have gone. Soon all of them stopping.

     Max felt an arm wrap around her and pull her close. She looked up at Hopper, his eyes on the other men as they sat back, their eyes shooting to the snow covered ground. But even though they were finally drawn away from the poor girl, Hopper didn't keep his eyes off them, hoping they could all feel his eyes burning holes through them.

     Suddenly the cell door opened with a loud screech. Multiple guards standing there with guns in hand. "Out!" One said in Russian.

     The prisoners looked at one another then jumped as more orders were shouted at them. Hopper patted Max's shoulder and stood up with the girl in hand. She was up for a minute but began to sway under her weight, nearly falling to her knees as the prisoners passed. She was getting sick. As usual. But it was clear she was getting hit with it worse this time.

"Come on kiddo." Hopper said.

     The man lifted her off the ground and carried her out the cell with him and down the nearby stairs. They reached the courtyard where the large metal doors sat, each of them lining up in front of it. "This is it Americans. I hope you're ready." Enzo said, praying silently after.

     They all stared at the door quietly, knowing they were about to meet their doom. Or at least they thought so. The head guard walked past all of them to another cell door, another guard opening it. The head said something to all of them, they stood silently looking at each other until he yelled again, motioning to the door.