Dashing Through The Snow

They were brought back to the control room with everyone else. Max sat quietly against Joyce trying to keep her eyes open, now that they weren't in as deadly of a situation as before, she no longer had adrenaline running through her body, leaving her sick and tired. When Joyce finished tying a makeshift cloth bandage on Hopper she brought her attention down to Max seeing her tired face. She wrapped her arms around the poor girl and placed the back of her hand on her forehead. She grew concerned with how warm she felt.

"Poor kid's been getting it nonstop." Hopper said.

"This happened before?" Hopper pressed his together and nodded.

"Been on and off since they put her to work, but it's only getting worse." Joyce sighed and looked down at Max as she finally fell asleep.

     Up ahead Murray walked up to a group of monitors sitting on a desk, all of them facing down and around the court where they had been just minutes ago. The Demogorgon was still present but was starting to crawl up the fence to the upper balconies where a group of guards where. "Well apparently they climb too!" Murray chirped. Everyone else stopped what they were doing and came over to watch as the guards began shooting at the monster, the thing having no impact whatsoever. Max slowly woke again, getting another feeling of tingling heat around her body, it wasn't painful, but she could feel it. She got up from the seat Mrs. Byers had left her in, struggling more and more with her balance, feeling so dizzy she could throw up. She joined the group as they watched the guards run out of ammo. Max stared as the tingling feeling left her body.

     There was another noise heard over the last gunshots, not being far from them. They all turned and looked up a stairway where a large metal door sat, screeching and growling on the other side.

"They hell is that?" Enzo questioned.

"Please tell me they don't have another one of those things." Murray said.

     Max felt another shiver on the back of her neck like she did earlier, but not as powerful. Murray came forward with his gun but had it taken from his hand by Hopper, the man going to head up the eerie stairs. Without thinking Max grabbed Mrs. Byers hand and stuck close to her as they followed everyone else up.

     Hopper didn't waste a second and threw the door open, pointing his gun ahead of him, but there was nothing there of harm. The only thing to be seen was a demodog tied down to an operation table, its chest cut open and exposed as it tried to escape. Hopper slowly stepped up to it then went on and shot it through its head, putting the thing out of its misery. Max flinched at the gunshot and got pulled closer to Joyce, wrapping her arms around the older woman, she did the same back and didn't stop knowing the poor girl had enough.

     Hopper pushed around the curtains and entered a whole new room, everyone following. Surrounding them were dozens of Demogorgons in chambers, floating around, being grown like plants. "Oh my god." Murray said.

     Everyone split up and walked around the place examining the objects. Joyce and Max happened to pass a larger room, in there was what looked to be a cloud of dust floating around everywhere, but Max could really feel it. But this feeling was terrible, recognizable. She knew what it was, she knew it was angry, she knew it wanted out.

     As they walked the redhead began to fall weaker, but not just because she was sick, but it was like something in the room was draining her, taking all she has left away from her. Joyce began to feel her drag, falling behind. "Hey, you okay honey?" Max jumped as Joyce pat her shoulder, she looked up at her and nodded. "Stay with me, alright?" She nodded again attempting to make a bigger effort at keeping her eyes open, but it was only draining her more. Joyce looked down at her and pursed her lips knowing the poor girl had zero to no energy left. Instead she brought the two of them to a stop and picked the girl up instead, carrying her like a sleeping baby.