Vecna's Curse

"Murderer! Murderer! MURDERER!"

I gasped sitting up in my bed frantically looking around. Everything was back to normal.

     I sighed going to wrap my arms around myself then flinched in pain. I furrowed my brows and rolled up the sleeve of my shirt. My eyes widened. I quickly lifted my other sleeve, to find the same purple bruises going down my arm like scratches would. I let out a shaky breath feeling my head pound.

     I entered the kitchen putting my sleeves back down to make sure nothing was seen and went to grab the Tylenol. I pulled two tablets out and just about threw them into my mouth. I looked around realizing Dani could've saw, but she was nowhere to be seen.

     "Dani?" No answer. "Dani!" Still nothing. I looked around, my eyes catching a sticky note sitting on the fridge. I squinted at it and came forward to read what it said.

     "Gone for newspaper, breakfast is in the fridge :)" I sighed and opened the refrigerator door finding a plate of eggs and toast covered with saran. I wasn't really hungry but I didn't want it to go to waste so I went on and took it out.

     I removed the plastic and went to throw the plate in the microwave to heat up the food. As I stood and waited I heard from the sound of sirens coming from the distance. I stepped away from the counter top I was standing at and made my way over to the window, peeping out the curtain. First came one, then two, then three, more and more followed by that, racing into the lot, their sirens blaring.

     I went up to the front door and opened it, stepping out onto the porch. Ahead, all the cop cars were parked in front of the neighbors, specifically Eddie Munson's home where tons upon tons of police officers stood. I furrowed my brows as the officers made their way inside the place.

     I stepped down from the porch, creeping up behind the officers finding a window between them that looked directly into the homes open door, the closer I got the easier it was to see what looked to be a body in the middle of the room. My heart sunk as I saw it laying motionless on the floor feeling sick to my stomach.

     "Hey!" I jumped and turned meeting face to face with an officer. "You can't be out here. Get back inside." I looked back at the body. "Back inside!" I looked at the officer then finally listened heading back over to our home.

[Dani]

     It was about 10:30 now, the whole room stood around the tv with our attention on the screen, the entire place silent as we learned what was on the news.

     "We also don't yet know if foul play was involved. But whatever has occurred here is sure to a touch a nerve here in Hawkins." With all the stuff that goes on here, I'm surprised it hasn't already.

     "Ever since that girl Barb died a few years ago, it has been one thing after another." One of the interviewed residents said, I looked up at Nancy as she stared forward blankly at the screen. "I'll tell ya, you start to believe all those things they say, that this town is cursed, that the devil lives here in Hawkins." I stiffened, the terrifying memories of a large monster stabbing it's tentacles into my sisters chest, her last scream echoing through the mall. I held myself balling my cardigan into my fists trying to hold it together.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I jumped and looked over at Nancy, sympathy in her eyes.

     "I don't think anyone's gonna care about the basketball game anymore." We looked over at Fred as he spoke. I went back to the tv, my mind went straight to Eli, god knows how she could be feeling right now. I realized it would be best to go home and check on her.

     I turned and started packing up my things, I heard foot steps come up behind me, I looked up to meet Nancy's concerned face once more then turned back to my things.