Suzie Do You Copy

[Max POV]

     I stood outside the mall with Eli, Dani, Lucas, and Will. We were waiting for Mike to get here so we could go see a movie, but he's been spending most of his time with Eleven so it's likely he won't come, he's done it before, it's pretty annoying actually, but I shouldn't care as much I do, I mean, it's not like I'm losing anything, neither of them actually talk to me, most of the time Mike doesn't even notice I'm there, and El, well, she ignores me on purpose, I don't understand why though, sometimes I'll try and talk to her but she'd just walk away, I sometimes wonder if it's because I did something but then I go on thinking it's because she thinks I'm Eli, those two really aren't on their good sides when it comes around to knowing one another, they despise each other, but the thing is that it isn't hard to tell the difference between us, and I'm pretty sure El can, I mean, Eli's grown a lot since the fall, and I mean a lot, hell, she's just about as tall as Steve, neither me or Dani could believe it, but Dani's height changed too, her and Lucas are the same now, and me? Well I'm the same damn size. I don't understand why it's always me.

"Can we just drop the bitch and go already?" Eli asked throwing her head back.

"He'll be here soon, chill out." Dani said going back to her conversation with Lucas, Eli scoffed and rolled her eyes.

     I've been more distant from Dani lately, it's mostly because she's been hanging out with Lucas more often, I mean, I'm glad she spends time with her boyfriend and all but I just really miss her, a lot of her attention's been drawn to him and she's on the phone with him almost constantly, it hurts to know I've lost the only person I felt safe with, but I couldn't expect her to do what she does forever. I don't even know what to do with myself anymore, I'm always at the motel riding my board around while Eli watches or out hanging with the party, I like hanging with them but no one ever really talks to me, they're all always talking to each other, it just shows how useless I am.

"Here he comes." Will said, Mike pulled up on his bike and parked it on the rack.

"You're late." Lucas snarked.

"Sorry." Mike replied.

"Again..." Eli added.

"We're gonna miss the previews." Will said.

"Yeah, if you keep whining about it."

"If you keep whining about it, nyeh, nyeh, nyeh." Lucas mocked.

"Just please stop talking dude." Mike shoved Lucas towards the door and began walking with the rest of us behind, Dani taking Lucas' hand.

"So let me guess, you where busy." Lucas cut off and made kissing noises.

"Yeah, real mature Lucas."

"Oh El, I wish we could make out forever and never hang out with any of our friends."

"I just wanna sit there and suck your fucking face off all day." Eli said.

"Guys stop it's not funny." Dani scolded.

"Will thinks it's funny."

"At least I spend romantic time with my girlfriend." I wouldn't call constant making out 'Romantic Time.'

"Hey, I spend romantic time with my girlfriend too." He said wrapping an arm around Dani. I mean, at least they still make time to hang out with the group.

       We came around to a large crowd, Eli grabbed my forearm and pulled me closer to her, Eli might've changed physically but nothing more, she was still the same. I had the urge to snatch my arm back but I didn't want to get my ass kicked by her, although it's not likely I'm not willing to take the risk.