Umeed abhi baaki hai...

3 months later:

“And that is a wrap”, said api, as we finished shooting the last scene of the movie.

“Wow! Can’t believe its done! Its been 3 months already! Time flies doesn’t it?”, Sidra asked me, nudging her elbow against mine.

“It does! It feels like yesterday, that we started shooting and now, it over!”, I said making a sad face, remembering the journey through this shoot.

**snap**

“Oye!”, Hussain snapped his fingers in front of my face, to bring me back to reality. “Let’s go, celebrate yaar! It’s DB TIME!”, he added.

“Yesssss! Lets go!”, Sidra got up, excited, but her smile turned into a frown in no time.

“Umm… Sidra, I said DB time… just us guys! Sorry!”, Hussain said.

“Yaar aise na kar! Sidra and Sana should join us too!”, I said. I felt bad because they were now a part of Yaari, and not inviting them didn’t make sense to me.

Hussain just gave me a ‘I know what I’m doing’ look, and signaled me to keep quite and I agreed, like an obedient brother, which I am!

“Lets go..”, Hussain turned around and walked, and I was going to follow him to the others, but Sidra caught hold of my hand, and I stopped.

“Sidra?”, I said, looking at her, and then lowering my gaze towards our hands, which were still together.

She realized, and quickly let go, and said, “Oh- uhh—Sorry Shehry, I didn’t mean to..”, and lowered her eyes towards the ground.

“What’s wrong?”, I asked as I raised her face up.

She didn’t say anything, but gave me a big hug, which was quiet unexpected.

“Sidra, kya hua?”, I asked, pulling myself back and looking straight into her eyes.

She just stared at me for a while, but didn’t say anything.

I stared back into her eyes, which wanted to tell me something. She held my hands in hers, looked up at me, and said, “Look, I don’t know how I am going to do this, but umm… I just wanted to say..I love you Shehry!”, and leaned in closer to my face, as if she were about to kiss me.

I was shocked. I moved back hastily, “SIDRA! What are you doing?”

“I love you Shehry!”, she said again.

“Look, I’m-I’m sorry. This can’t happen!”, I said, still recovering from the shock.

“Why?”, she asked, astonished.

“Because…I’m not ready for this, just yet…”, I said. Although I wanted to tell her about Amna, and about my past, I decided to keep quiet. “Sidra, listen to me. I’m sure you like me, and I like you too, but just as a friend! I’ve never seen you in that way!”

“Shehry, you’re the reason I did Yaari! It was you all along!”, she said, and a tear escaped her eye.

I grabbed her hand, and took her into my car.

“Whata re you doing?”, she asked, confused.

“Just come with me! I have to tell you something…”, I ordered.

We sat in my car, and I drove towards the coffee shop that was 2 blocks away.

Upon reaching, I parked, and we walked into the coffee shop. I texted Hussain, on the way, that I would be a little late, as I had something important to do.