Words we never said...

Shehry’s POV:

I could tell that she was really surprised.

“Ab kuch bol bhi do..”, I smiled, letting go of her hand as the waiter placed the dishes on our table and left.

“Shehry yeh..I mean yeh ring, matlab oh my god I don’t know what to say, I mean how…”, she wanted to say so much, but words just didn’t seem to come out of her mouth.

I smiled and said, “Amna, its okay!”

“But Shehry…why?”, she questioned me with her teary eyes.

“Because I love you Amna!”

Those words brought an instant smile to her face, as she stared at the glaring ring on her finger.

Our eyes locked across the table and everything around us seemed to have faded away. We were in a universe all on our own, lost in the depths of each other’s eyes with a sense of longing to escape forever into that universe around us.

“Ab khaein?”, I broke the silence, and she nodded.

I watched the her as she ate. Calmly bringing each bite to her lips. Her face amazingly expressive. Every bite seemed as if she was tasting for the first time.

She then reached out for the glass of juice, gazing at me over her glass as she sipped the juice. She knew I was watching her.

She smiled and reached for the piece of cucumber that was in the salad plate, but I deliberately snatched it just as her fingertip touched the cut slice of the cucumber.

Grinning, I took a large bite to which she offered her most convincing pout.

Hayye mein mar jawaan!

I smiled back affectionately and feeded her the rest.

We continued eating slowly without speaking.

The time felt like it had taken a stand still, stopping just for us. That moment felt like an eternity to enjoy each other’s company.

Finally the dessert plate arrived. A single dessert to share between the two of us. And of course a single spoon. I grabbed the spoon, and picked up a small bite of the strawberry cheesecake and raised the spoon towards her mouth to feed her. She opened her mouth slowly, and took the bite. She couldn’t help but smile with pleasure at the sweetness. Her innocent pleasure made its way across the tiny table, straight into my heart.

These small gestures of your make me fall even harder for you!

I then took a large bite and gulped it down my throat, just like a child. Yes, strawberry cheesecakes are my weakness. She laughed quietly at my playfulness.

I then grabbed another bite for her, but a bit larger than the previous one. She opened her mouth and ate it, while some remained on her lips.

I had planned that of course.

I then, reached towards her before she could raise her napkin. I leaned in towards her face, as she stared into my eyes. Her breath grew faster by the second. I was so close to her face that I could feel her warm breath on my face. I shifted my gaze from her eyes down to her lips to where the cheesecake crumbs were. Raising my right hand towards her lips, I slowly and carefully wiped away the crumbs with my thumb. And before she could realize, I placed a soft kiss on her cheek making her moan slightly as her cheeks went red.

I leaned back and gave her smile, and she returned a shy smile.

“How was the food?”, I questioned.