Sun le saaheba, tu hai ek nasha!

“Amna are you okay?”, he asked, rubbing his hands onto mine.

I looked up, at his face, and his eyebrows were burrowed in confusion.

Kya bolun tumhe Shehry? Itna pyaar karte ho mujhse, aur maine sirf tumhe dhoka hi diya, dhoke ke siwaye aur kuch nahi.

“Kya tum is engagement se khush nahi?”, he asked, concerned. He placed his hands onto my shoulders, and continued, “Agar tumhe yeh engagement nahi karni hai toh bolo mujhe. I won’t force anything upon you, ever!”

“No Shehry, no please don’t say that. I’m very happy with this engagement. But…”, I looked away.

Kaise boloon yeh baat tumhe Shehry? Kaise bataun tumhe sachai? Kaise bataun ke tumhara pyar hi tumhe dhoka de raha hai?

“I want to confess something”, I spoke.

“Amna! Bas karo yaar. Phir se shuru ho gayi ho tum! I already told you, I don’t wanna hear anything.”, he said firmly.

“Lekin Sheh-“, but he didn’t even let me finish. He instantly placed his finger on my lips and said, “Sshhh! Ab bas karo!”

Kyun kar rahe ho yeh Shehryaar? Mujhe bolne do. Dil saaf karne do mujhe. Main aise nahi jee sakti. Iss jhoot ke saath nahi reh sakti hoon main. Jhoot ke buniyad pe nahi bante rishtey.

He moved his finger away from my lips, and spoke, “Jo hua use bhool jao! Please? Mere liye? Let’s start this with a new beginning?”, he said, looking straight into my eyes, smiling.

“But for this new beginning, I need you to know what I’ve done!”, I whispered, looking down.

“Did you say something?”, he asked.

“Nope, nothing.”, I got up to leave, trying to hideaway my tears.

“Where are you going? Please don’t leave!”, he said, and I could totally imagine him making a puppy face as he said that, because of his tone. “C’mon, ab toh main tumhare peeche bhaag bhi nahi sakta!”, he added.

I turned around, and ran towards him and hugged him.

“I love you Shehryaar Asif”, I whispered into his ears.

Aaj nahi toh kal, main tumhe yeh sachai bata kar rahungi Shehry.

“I love you too Girlfriend.”, he whispered back, stroking the back of my head with his hand.

“Guys- - OHOOO! I’m sorry. Hamesha ghalat time pe entry maarta hoon na?”, Hussain barged in, and then turned around, giggling. “Mauka mila nahi, ke tum dono shuru ho jate ho…”, he added.

Shehry quickly pulled him self away, and so did I, and quickly fixed my dupatta, looking away, embarrassed.

“Abey oye! Kabab mein haddi!”, Shehry said, and it made us all laugh. Hussain turned around with a smirk on his face and said that they were calling us all down, for lunch.

He helped Shehry get up, and took him downstairs, and I followed. Atif and Waqas were already down.

Shehry’s POV:

I limped downstairs, with the help of Hussain, and sat down at the dining table.

“Shehryyyyyyyyy”, Maha barged in through the door. She threw her bag on the floor, and ran towards me, and hugged me tightly, and I hugged her back.

“I’m so happy you’re back”, she whispered, while still hugging me. She pulled away, and spoke, “I missed you so much! Baba, Mama wouldn’t let me visit you at the hospital either, and--and I just missed you so much bhai!”, she hugged me back, which made everyone else go “Awww”, in unison, as if a chorus.