17 | ᴅ ɪ ᴄ ɪ ᴀ s s ᴇ ᴛ ᴛ ᴇ

Looking through the window I replayed Leticia's words from last night in my head

She was taken away, all the way in Spain.
She was beaten.
She was living in torture.
She was raped.
She was married...
She was carrying someone else's ring on her delicate finger.

Turning to the side I let my eyes loom over her sleeping form on the bed, taking everything in. Letting sadness consume me. Unknowingly I took slow steps closer and sat on the bed next to her looking at her skin.

Various marks were there, although non of them were visible if you don't look good enough. I know from her words that were spilled last night that she tried to hid her scars with ink.

My fingers on their own accord went to her shoulders creasing the tattoo on her skin feeling rough parts of burned skin that were hiding under all that ink.

Keeping my touch light, not wanting to wake her up, I let my fingers trail further down her arm. Over tattoo of a wolf which was holding cutting scars underneath it.

The tattoo of medusa that was placed between her breasts and had her snakes stretched all over her stomach was keeping deep scars.

Wasn't Medusa raped by Poseidon?
Didn't Athena place snakes on her head because of it so no one can look at her as a punishment?
Isn't it tragic comical that my girl, the girl that I loved and still do needs to carry ink on her skin as a punishment for what that monster did?

Lowering my eyes I looked at the skeleton tattoo on her thigh that went lower till it didn't reach her ankle, it seemed that the skeleton was buried in the death bed made of roses.

'Why didn't she tell me anything earlier? Why did she do everything on her own hand? Why didn't she tell anyone anything?'

Maybe I could... no I definitely would stop all of this. I wouldn't let her go. He couldn't kill me or anyone dear to her. Doesn't she know which parts my family business covers? I would protect her. I wouldn't let anything to happened to her.

Anger started to bubble within me causing me to clench my jaw and push myself off of the bed walking towards the door. Holding the door frame I took a deep breath trying to calm my raging nerves down.

Why didn't she told me? I would keep her safe. I would take care of her. I wouldn't let her get hurt. She shouldn't go through all that. She should have a happy life. With me. Us.

Tears started to pickle my eyes but I pushed them back. 'Why does she needs to be so stubborn? Why would she agree to something like that? She should have come to me and tell me if someone bothered her, isn't that what a relationship is about? To share your fears and secrets?'

Turning around upon hearing movements on the bed I leaned on the door frame and looked towards the bed.

Clenching my jaw and putting emotionless facade I looked at her fighting with the sheet that she desperately tried to pull on her body.