28 | ᴠ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ ᴏ ᴛ ᴛ ᴏ

Moaning woke me up from my sleep, causing me to sit up straight in search of an intruder

Moaning woke me up from my sleep, causing me to sit up straight in search of an intruder. My eyes danced over the room in search of someone, anyone, anything - but they found nothing. Only darkness of the night and a little of the moonlight that was coming from the window.

Sleep started to leave my body letting me clearly hear the pained sounds that were coming from the bed. Switching my eyes towards them I was met with Leticia's form that was wiggling on top of it.

Night terrors.

Again.

It physically hurts my heart that I can't help her. Almost every night she would have them, she would scream, cry, and I... I would sit next to her scared for her wellbeing yet unable to help and make them stop.

Standing up from the couch, I groaned lightly at the uncomfortable pain that lashed across my back, but quickly bring my full attention to the whimpering form under the sheets.

I could feel fear pulsing through my body as I got closer to her trembling form. Through the darkness of the room that entangled us, I could see her chest rose and fall from her fast and shallow breaths. She was throwing her head from side to side, hands following the head movements, it seemed as if she was fighting. Fighting her demons.

My hands twitched at my sides to shake her but instead, I let them travel towards the bedside lamp, turning it on letting the light brighten the room.

Blinking a couple of times, I took a shaky breath upon seeing her on the light. Her hair was a tangled mess, a couple of hairs stocked to her face from the sweat that was trailing down her forehead over her jaw and disappearing once it hits the bedsheet.

"Leticia," I called her as I stepped a knee on the bed, "amore," I whispered softly trying to wake her but her form stayed the same. Eyes closed, breathing raged, body shaking.

'What does she dreams that it's so scary?' Were my first thoughts but as I blinked a couple of times a realization of all the events that happened weeks ago hit me. 'It was that fucker. Even while dead he is not leaving her alone.'

"Leticia," I called again gently placing my hand on hers causing her body to still. An icing terror shoots through me causing my blood to run cold, when not only her movements stilled but her breathing also.

"Leticia," I let my voice out louder and harsher, yet no response was from her, "wake up,amo-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as he lips parted but instead of letting painful whimper this time they let out piercing scream.

My body along my brain was screaming on me to do something, end her cries, put a dot on her suffering. And I did as best as I could. In an instant, my hands latched to her shoulders shaking her in an attempt of waking her from her own destruction.

"Leticia," my heart lapped in my throat as her eyes opened, her horror-stocked face looked around with fear in her orbs till they didn't catch the presence next to her.